House Price Crash Forum
beccles

A Revolution Is Brewing In Spain

Started with a mass march on Sunday tens of thousands protesting against banks, austerity measures and politicians, they tried to set up camp in the centre of Madrid but the Police forced them out, now tonight they're all gathering in la Puerta de sol again.

Check out #spanishrevolution, #nonosvamos #acampadasol on twitter, TTs worldwide at the moment.

photos of the police that have been deployed in the square:

http://twitpic.com/4yxmgc

people gathering right now:

http://twitpic.com/4yxqau

Live feed:

http://www.ustream.t...m_medium=social

Vid from earlier

I was in Seville over the weekend and there was a medium-sized protest by public sector workers on Saturday in the centre city. Honestly, not sure what they thought they were accomplishing by harassing tourists and shop keepers. They made a lot of noise, but no one on the street seemed to be particularly supportive.

A comment from the Youtube piece:

"We are protesting about the politics. All of them. They steal, lie, make spaniards get poor.... believe me, we have a lot of good reasons to protest."

That is a _very_ revolutionary statement.

Main thing is they are kicking off. Hopefully it won't be long before Spain collapses and the ECB can't help them. Then it'll be game over for euroland :D

As for protests, if you want some good ones check out the Palestinian 'Nakba' ones from the weekend:

Give us our country back!

Edited by General Congreve

I am surprised that it has taken them so long. Mild mannered old me would have been throwing rocks a long time ago at how the Spanish public have been treated.

I consider myself a good person but I do now wonder where I would stand in a lynch mob type situation. I hope I would have the strength to try and stop bankers being lynched, and it may be the Jack D talking, but I ain't so sure anymore.

I am half inclined, as soldiers often end up thinking, of letting God sort it all out.

I can't help buy think that we are moving into some kind of Sci Fi futrue, liek Soylent Green, where the masses live in poverty serving the super-rich - and looking with envy towards their ivory towers.

Bugger ... I have a week in Spain booked from 28th May til 4th June!! Hopefully it will be ok ... ... :huh:

....I've booked 3 days in the Cotteswolds from the 13th to the 15th of june.....should I cancel?

I am surprised that it has taken them so long. Mild mannered old me would have been throwing rocks a long time ago at how the Spanish public have been treated.

The way things are going, I am pretty sure you will get to throw some rocks at home. :ph34r:

I consider myself a good person but I do now wonder where I would stand in a lynch mob type situation. I hope I would have the strength to try and stop bankers being lynched, and it may be the Jack D talking, but I ain't so sure anymore.

Awww...c'mon uncle TMT...can't we string up even one little junior fixed income quant?

I can't help buy think that we are moving into some kind of Sci Fi futrue, liek Soylent Green, where the masses live in poverty serving the super-rich - and looking with envy towards their ivory towers.

Mmm. Seems so. Growing up as a lad I wouldn't have predicted it, but it very much looks that way.

I also get the feeling that the usual niceties between the elites is breaking down. I wonder why Trump backed out of his presidential canidacy so quickly after DSK's fall from grace? Even if DSK was not set up and had been doing this for years, one has to wonder why he has been caught out now at such a crucial time for him (and the IMF).

A comment from the Youtube piece:

"We are protesting about the politics. All of them. They steal, lie, make spaniards get poor.... believe me, we have a lot of good reasons to protest."

...who voted them in...some alien power.?.... :rolleyes:

....I've booked 3 days in the Cotteswolds from the 13th to the 15th of june.....should I cancel?

I live there and I will be launching a famous Cotteswold "Cheese Roller" at you. Catching them is a sign of a man around here.

You're not the only one to notice - this is just one post from today:

http://subrosa-blonde.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-idle-thought.html

...who voted them in...some alien power.?.... :rolleyes:

Its starting to dawn on the populace that it doesn't matter any more. Different brand, same dog meat.

I live there and I will be launching a famous Cotteswold "Cheese Roller" at you. Catching them is a sign of a man around here.

are you sure thats how you spell it ? :blink:

...no idea what you're on about but anyway I've cancelled it. I was just the wife who wanted to go, I think we'll have a day out at Orwell Clunch Pit as usual.

...no idea what you're on about but anyway I've cancelled it. I was just the wife who wanted to go, I think we'll have a day out at Orwell Clunch Pit as usual.

Edited by ralphmalph

The way things are going, I am pretty sure you will get to throw some rocks at home. :ph34r:

Bring 'froggies' slowly to the boil :P

As none have sussed - the lack of 'soap' is cos you aint watching one!

Hated as much as you would!

'The Masked Tulip' timestamp='1305666095'

The Bible teaches you to know your place and not envy - if you're THAT good!

The 'original' reasonably GOOD craft masons built loads of carvings in our English Churches dotted around the UK. The Green men have poison ivy sprouting from their mouths to warn us of the time the Green men appear!

We are inundated with Green everything - Politicians, even Prince Charles is 'Green' along with their Green Agitators

Besides Masonic 'foundations' + Shakespearean 'Thea-trickalls' Sublime + limelight

Lincoln Cathedral - Lin means Green' (LIN -coln Green (Eric 'coln' = 'pebble')!

Gothic Lincoln Cathedral was the first tallest Building in the World after the Egyptians built Giza/Khufu Pyramid

Deshret, or dshrt , which refers to Red Crown of Egypt or "Red Land", or deserts Egypt is mostly comprised of. (Roth-schild)

An establishment piss-take is a copy of Magna Carta is kept in Lincoln Castle 'dung_eons' (illusion of freedom but NOT free!)

The Masonic Bretheren? also made sure the Cathedral starred in the Dan Brown (note the 'Brown' name!! Dan is also a Hebrew Biblical tribe supposedly us!) windup labyrinthe story they weave with the Satanic 'Da Vinci Code'

It's actually a Satanic occult thang - da vinci was an occultist

"in the film - a strange depiction at the scene of The Last Supper at the Great East Window, whereupon instead of either a cup or loaf on Christ's plate, we see a dog!"

check this out

(not erranta)

As a former occultist, astrologer, and witch, who was saved by the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am well acquainted with occult legends and symbology. I will unmask and reveal the contents and satanic purpose of this antichrist story, which is designed to destroy the faith of many by casting doubts about the deity and saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ

One vital point about secret societies that we must never forget is that they are always divided into two components. This holds true regarding Freemasonry, Knights of Columbus, Opus Dei, the Jesuits, the York Rite, the Scottish Rite, and all other such organizations.

Templarsign.jpg

Tweedle - 'Dumb' (Unknowing - profane?) - don't get so 'het-up' :P Beau Seant

Tweedle - J.D EE (The satanic/black-arts occultist to Queen Liz 1st b. GREENwich)

Mel(rose) 2 meanings 'Bee/honey (drawn to) Black/dark (arts)

In other words, there is always the visible front, or exoteric lodge, and the invisible, or esoteric lodge. There are always two sides of the force. The visible portion of any of these is always surrounded by good works and charitable endeavors and efforts to champion some noble cause. This is the part of secret societies that we are supposed to see. Many members of these visible portions of the lodges do not even know that the secret portion exists since those in the clandestine segment are there by secret invitation and bound by blood oaths. The inner workings of all of these lodges are Luciferian and Satanic

http://www.scribd.co...e-Da-Vinci-Code

Louth is on the Greenwich Meridian an area the Royal family amongst others lurve to visit/hang out.

There is a twin 'Louth' in Ireland "The Knights Templars in Co. Louth" both are steeped in Templar stuff with underground tunnels and secret X-files rooms near Templar Buildings

The Louth area is where a Templar Soldier-Monk poisoned and finished off King John for the Barons (who I am certain 'stole his Treasure' all supposedly "Lost in the Wash" :P

It is highly strange & weird that the Templar/Masons follow teachings of ST John closely - yet the last King to truly rule England (without the constraints on Royalty written into Magna Carta) was a King John <_<

For all you Bankers, City non-regulators & GREEN Politicians (looking after public 'interests'!)

John 10

A hired man, who is not a shepherd and whose sheep are not his own, sees a wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away, and the wolf catches and scatters them.

This is because he works for pay and has no concern for the sheep.

Edited by erranta

This has been all over the Spanish press - and the main political parties have been caught out. There is obvious support for this movement but it's not clear what they want (only what they oppose) and any support for it by the main poltical parties would stink of opportunism and any opposition would lose votes. Maybe the "Arab Spring" will turn into a "Spanish Summer"?