House Price Crash Forum
Monkey

How Do I Buy Shares As A Present?

i'm thinking of buying shares as a birthday present for my G/F, odd present yes, but i like doing different thingsand it will be in a company she loves, Disney. she loves Disney stuff/films etc (she will be 30, so no i'm not a kiddie fiddler).

i've never bought shares before, let alone for someone else, as i want these to be in her name/ownership. do you get a certificate that i could frame? complete noob on this sort of thing so any help or advice appreciated

i'm thinking of buying shares as a birthday present for my G/F, odd present yes, but i like doing different thingsand it will be in a company she loves, Disney. she loves Disney stuff/films etc (she will be 30, so no i'm not a kiddie fiddler).

You want certificated shares, you go to a stockbroker.

But please, not one of the most evil corporations on the planet! :angry:

You want certificated shares, you go to a stockbroker.

But please, not one of the most evil corporations on the planet! :angry:

cool cheers for that,

Disney are no more evil than any other company TBH, if it puts a smile on her face, she'll do that thing i like that'll put a smile on my face, so i dont care who its for TBH

cool cheers for that,

Disney are no more evil than any other company TBH, if it puts a smile on her face, she'll do that thing i like that'll put a smile on my face, so i dont care who its for TBH

Yes they are!

They've led lobbying for their own copyright to last forever[1], at the same time as helping themselves willy-nilly both to the commons and to other people's intellectual property (generally other people without the resources to enforce anything against them, so the worst they ever get is a bit of bad press as in the well-publicised story of the lion king song).

And then there's the question of identity theft.

[1] That's specifically Disney, over and above any Hollywood-in-general comments.