House Price Crash Forum
Blue Nose Bear

When Is A Landing Not A Landing

I thought there were rules about what counted as a bedroom?

if they can get away with this maybe I should just redefine my study, cupboard and landing and claim my house has 7 bedrooms. Or maybe not.

the place i've rented was advertised at a 4 bed, when shown round i asked "where is the 4th bedroom" as it wasnt obvious, they said it was the dining room/study/4th bedroom

I viewed an upstairs flat once and asked, in all seriousness, where the lounge was. It was basically the landing I was standing on. The EA and I both knew at that point that all the sales pitch in the world wasn't going to salvage the situation. We locked up and went our separate ways...

I think there are exceptions when a landing is large...but when the landing in question is 1m wide...wtf? :blink:

Also, wheres the airing cupboard? No storage...?

I think we know what happened to the airing cupboard...

The 'Lounge' portion is about 3m x 3.3m! That's tiny. I realise it will feel bigger because it is 'open plan' but prison cells are bigger. You also have no storage space at all and the second bedroom looks only big enough for a single bed.

So, they want you to part with nearly a quarter of a million pounds and in return they will give you a one and a half bedroomed house, with a slightly oversized landing, nowhere to put your ironing board or tumble drier and a living space that is so small it might actually drive you insane.

Sounds like a bargain.

So, they want you to part with nearly a quarter of a million pounds and in return they will give you a one and a half bedroomed house, with a slightly oversized landing, nowhere to put your ironing board or tumble drier and a living space that is so small it might actually drive you insane.

Utterly depressing isn't it ? Welcome to Britain.

And you know the sad thing, some hapless couple will buy that and think they've bought a wonderful house.

Edited by exiges

the place i've rented was advertised at a 4 bed, when shown round i asked "where is the 4th bedroom" as it wasnt obvious, they said it was the dining room/study/4th bedroom

a dining room can be used as a study room, games room, reading room, thats 4 rooms! excellent.

the first bedroom could be used as a 2nd bedroom whilst the 3rd bedroom could used used as a fourth bedroom. the fourth bedroom could then be used as a 1st bedroom, and there you have it - a 7 bedroom house.

I thought there were rules about what counted as a bedroom?

if they can get away with this maybe I should just redefine my study, cupboard and landing and claim my house has 7 bedrooms. Or maybe not.

As long as you can still scranlet two hundred furrows from Ticklepenny's Corner to Nettle Flitch, I reckon it's OK.