House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy.p

Anyone Still Buying?

Anyone still buying? Bought 2 Kilo coins today from Coininvest, 1Kilo Koala and 1 Kilo Lunar Rabbit and 10 1oz koalas. Keeping stacking for long term bonus for when time comes to sell

Anyone still buying? Bought 2 Kilo coins today from Coininvest, 1Kilo Koala and 1 Kilo Lunar Rabbit and 10 1oz koalas. Keeping stacking for long term bonus for when time comes to sell

I am still buying but not stuff with 20% vat on it.

Yes Bought today,

Sold all my silver (apart from a couple of Kilo's) from early may onwards as the slaughter commenced.

Kept all my gold though, that faired far better.

Dipped a toe in the water today on a dip bought with about a third of my dry powder, so far so good!

**BTFD**

:rolleyes:

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I am keeping my silver, I bought at £140 per kilo plus vat.

Just a speed bump on a long long road ..................to ruin.

I'll keep on buying about 20 ounces a time from Goldmoney (silver that is, I'm not that rich!).

Might buy some gold at some point (sovs), it depends on the speed at which my invoices get paid.

1KG Koala and Lunar Rabbit coins delivered today from CID along with 10 Koala 1oz coins, keeping stacking until retirement time.

Youtube 2011silverjim and view some of my collection

Stopped sinc April after main job loss. But starting something up next month so buying, but probably buy more gold than silver in terms of £ not ozt! As I'm not loaded!

Edited by ken_ichikawa

Still buying.

Small amounts each month with whatever disposable income I have.

I had been buying silver for a while but stopped when the price went crazy, so back on gold again now.

I'm in this for the long haul and not looking to make a quick profit.

For me it's a "who knows?", "just in case", "SHTF", bet for me.

Otherwise i'd just be spending the money on guitars :)

Edited by Spot

1KG Koala and Lunar Rabbit coins delivered today from CID along with 10 Koala 1oz coins, keeping stacking until retirement time.

Youtube 2011silverjim and view some of my collection

Nice stack there, must feel overpowering sitting at a table with that much physical.

Hopefully in a few years I'll have something similar, get a big chair and desk and pretend I'm Tony Montana.

The kilo kook is a stunning coin as well

Is anyone buying silver/gold who didn't already have a big stash bought at cheap(er) prices?

I'm thinking of buying a significant amount in order to avoid my savings being eroded, but scared of getting burned since it seems that both are looking a bit bubbly. :ph34r:

Not looking for massive profits, just want to beat inflation!

Is anyone buying silver/gold who didn't already have a big stash bought at cheap(er) prices?

I'm thinking of buying a significant amount in order to avoid my savings being eroded, but scared of getting burned since it seems that both are looking a bit bubbly. :ph34r:

Not looking for massive profits, just want to beat inflation!

Why not buy in NS&I index linked bonds. 0.5% real return. The argument that gold is an inflation hedge is bull, its a highly speculative investment.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=533456&in_page_id=7&ct=5&expand=true

Why not buy in NS&I index linked bonds. 0.5% real return. The argument that gold is an inflation hedge is bull, its a highly speculative investment.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=533456&in_page_id=7&ct=5&expand=true

Thanks, that's certainly an option. I know that some are warning against holding bonds at the moment, in case TSHTF I guess. I'll have to research it further...