House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LittleSteroid

Are Park Homes In Residential Areas Mortgageable?

So, errr... who would want to buy this then?

Listing says You do not have to pay STAMP DUTY or employ the use of a solicitor to purchase a park home, although, you may choose to do so.

Almost sounds like they're saying you can voluntarily pay stamp duty. :D

Get a narrow boat instead. You can gently chugg along from one pub to the next, and don't have to worry about 'The Bill'.

I've often thought about it myself. It would be a great way to live.

On a more serious note - I understand that there are some drachonian rules associated with Park Homes, particularly when you come to sell. You don't own the plot it sits on, so the home is really not worth much. Take care mate and do your research before buying.

Can FTB buyers ever envisage buying their first home, and then buying a holiday park home or Spanish apartment as well, one day?

I don't think so unless everyone earns £150K at 50 these days :blink:

Edited by Money Spinner

Can FTB buyers ever envisage buying their first home, and then buying a holiday park home or Spanish apartment as well, one day?

I don't think so unless everyone earns £150K at 50 these days :blink:

Well put...just shows how screwed the younger generation are now.

Is there a reason it's quarter of a million quid?

Let's see - South East, near a very popular primary school, park home site is in one of the better parts of Bracknell (but on the whole, Bracknell is a tip.)

Clutching at straws now, big(gish) garden? Seller is a moron? Any buyer a bigger moron? :blink:

Edit to add: this is one of those annoying areas where (nobody on here believes those of us who mention this) house prices still seem to be rising, are now well above the 2007 "peak" and it infuriates me that those (brick houses!) in better neighbourhoods ARE selling within a few weeks. :angry:

Nimbyism is rife. Every few years there is a whole lot of hype about planned new developments followed by lots of negative hype followed by the whole idea being abandoned.

Edited by FedupTeddiBear