House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
InlikeFlynn

Rpi Figures - Due Tomorrow?

According to the ONS website the RPI figure is released tomorrow. Any views? starting to come down hence the release NSandI inflation-linked bonds

No doubt if it's low that's why NS&I are back, if it's high it's a cooked figure to try and sell more NS&I :rolleyes:

Still likely to be running at 4-6% all year. Individual months is just statistical noise.

According to the ONS website the RPI figure is released tomorrow. Any views? starting to come down hence the release NSandI inflation-linked bonds

The new index linkers are linked to RPI. I think the next big con is going to be continued misreporting of CPI, coupled with using the inevitable fall in house prices to show RPI is falling, even while the cost of living is increasing. They may even be able get the RPI below 2%, even while CPI goes nuts, because house price weighting in the index will skew the figures hugely. As little as a 5% drop per annum could probably make the RPI figures look pretty damn good.

You can guarantee that just like we never heard about RPI during the great house price inflation, we won't be hearing much about CPI during the great 'everything else you buy' inflation.

Edited by General Congreve

A propos of nothing in particular:-

* US bond yields are falling

* Silver crashed and burned

* Euro bailouts agreed

* No stock market crash yet in H1, but there's 6 weeks or so left I guess.

:rolleyes:

A propos of nothing in particular:-

* US bond yields are falling

* Silver crashed and burned

* Euro bailouts agreed

* No stock market crash yet in H1, but there's 6 weeks or so left I guess.

* If you print money and buy your own bonds this is the intended result. Economists Warning: Side effects include inflation.

* Yep, those physical silver prices have really crashed and burnt haven't they? 224% mark up over spot for a plain old 100g bar - Ouch! and Baird and Co. out of 1 kilo silver bullion bars for the next 4 weeks (strange, I thought spot price is supposed to accurately reflect a highly liquid market). :blink:

* Until the point at which the banks have secured all the bailout money they need via European governments to cover their losses and can then lump the entire mess on the taxpayer, or until Spain goes down and the ECB runs out of money to bail any more.

* Still time, but then I am becoming aware that I may have underestimated the resolve of sovereign governments to play dirty and fight stock market falls with direct injections of funny money.