House Price Crash Forum

Mcdonalds Replacing Humans With Terminals

Britney's Piers

HOLA441

do you eat it as fast as you can too in a mad panic

do you feel sick after you have eaten it, then swear to yourself you will never do that again?....the worst bit about it is the smell of the place when you open the door....how many times have you saved your stomach the harsh treatment by the beauty of that? ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It's devastating to the job market. We haven't seen the end of this yet, there is much more to come.

Makes you wonder what jobs we will be doing in 5-10 years time tbh, as all the manual jobs went over to India/China or were automated. Robot cleaners are a reality so are robot shelf stackers and robot waiters and self use cashiers.

All the middle white collar jobs are being outsourced to India and China or software is improving so much people can do their own legal/accounts etc.

Looks like its M shaped society time.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Somehow I can't see sensible people using these touch screens.

It would be as filthy as holding a handrail in the tube, are MuckDonalds going to make it easy for people to wash their hands after they touch the typhoid Mary terminals?

HOLA446

Makes you wonder what jobs we will be doing in 5-10 years time tbh, as all the manual jobs went over to India/China or were automated. Robot cleaners are a reality so are robot shelf stackers and robot waiters and self use cashiers.

All the middle white collar jobs are being outsourced to India and China or software is improving so much people can do their own legal/accounts etc.

Looks like its M shaped society time.

...there is a solution, work less hours sharing the workload.....do we all have to work 40 hours plus just to stand still...no ;)

...shorter hours=lower pay=lower house prices= less debt.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Goodbye cashiers, goodbye banknotes, goodbye privacy, goodbye price signals......

With you all the way on this one Injin.

What's remarkable is the way in which young people in particular think this is positive. Too many years hooked up to gameboxes with little human interaction perhaps. It's rather depressing seeing them all lined up by those hideous automatic tills in supermarkets waiting to give their labour for free to Tesco.........blip......blip.......blip........blip.....blip......blip......."unexpected item in the bagging area".......blip......blip......blip.......

Never mind, I'm sure we'll all be 'freed up' to do all those wonderful jobs Dave has lined up for us in our new 'green' economy.

HOLA4411

Hopefully, everything will become automated, then we can all just sit back and enjoy life without having to work. In fact I'm currently working on some software which logs into internet forums and posts pointless crap all day. (Much like this post, but perhaps in a different, more robotic type of font.) Once I've written the software, i'll write some more software which logs into internet forums and reads pointless crap all day too, doubling my efficiency saving.

HOLA4412

What's remarkable is the way in which young people in particular think this is positive. Too many years hooked up to gameboxes with little human interaction perhaps. It's rather depressing seeing them all lined up by those hideous automatic tills in supermarkets waiting to give their labour for free to Tesco.........blip......blip.......blip........blip.....blip......blip......."unexpected item in the bagging area".......blip......blip......blip.......

Never mind, I'm sure we'll all be 'freed up' to do all those wonderful jobs Dave has lined up for us in our new 'green' economy.

I refuse to use those self service tills , if all the retail outlets around here go with self service i will just go 100% online shopping instead of the ~60% i do now.Food shopping will be done at local fruit and veg markets.Screw em (the outsourcers/automated cost cutters) i say , don't give em a dime.

HOLA4413

I'm fairly relaxed about it, given that as an economic system it cannot possibly work.

it's just a real shame lots of people might die from starvation as the powers that be find that out the hard way.

HOLA4414

The question is, how is society going to redistribute wealth so that people do not have to work if they want?

Historically, wealth tends to be redistributed in a way that doesn't do much good to job seekers. I'm not optimistic.

HOLA4415

What are people to do if the job market shrinks?

....there was no macy dee, no bk, many of the employers we have today did not exist in the uk 30 or 40 years ago......but then only around 50 million lived here, now there are a fair few more than that.....trouble is there is not enough paid employment to cater for them all......any suggestions? ;)

HOLA4416

I'm fairly relaxed about it, given that as an economic system it cannot possibly work.

it's just a real shame lots of people might die from starvation as the powers that be find that out the hard way.

I don't think the powers that be will be more affected than they need to be for the sake of appearances.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I magiced a new jobby out of my @rse this morning

You git.

I just sprayed my monitor with coffee.

:)

HOLA4419

....there was no macy dee, no bk, many of the employers we have today did not exist in the uk 30 or 40 years ago......but then only around 50 million lived here, now there are a fair few more than that.....trouble is there is not enough paid employment to cater for them all......any suggestions? ;)

How about mincing half the unemployed and feeding them to the other half?

We could keep doing this until total number of jobs = total number of people of a working age, thus eradicating unemployment.

Edited by Reck B

HOLA4420

...there is a solution, work less hours sharing the workload.....do we all have to work 40 hours plus just to stand still...no ;)

...shorter hours=lower pay=lower house prices= less debt.

Tomorrow's World said this 40 years ago. People keep saying this and it keeps on not happening. :unsure:

Edited by Britney's Piers

HOLA4421

There's a KFC at the Oxford service station on the M40 that's had a self service order point for at least 3 years. You still need people to fry up the rat meat and serve it to the customers so it wouldn't replace all the staff in a fast food place.

They'll be rebranding a Mech Donalds or Borg Donalds (they are halfway there with corporate brain washing)

I'm going for the

:unsure:

HOLA4422

Death in a revolution is fairly affecting.

I've thought about it a bit and I don't think there will be a revolution. IMO chances are, the majority will cower (or engage in escapism via TV or facebook) or focus on surviving. They will also be brainwashed into thinking that their struggle is for the common good (environment, peak resources, globalisation, etc.). The others will be randomly killed or made to suffer at protests to teach the rest a lesson.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425