House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vlad the impaler

Let's Not Forget The Value Of The Property!

Woman has head hacked off by local nutter.

Hey, she might have met with a grisly end at the hands of a lunatic with a knife - but look at how much her property was worth!!

Mrs Mills-Westley owned two adjacent apartments in the development set on a peaceful hillside at the edge of Los Cristianos. She rented out one two-bedroom apartment and lived in the other. Similar properties are on the market for about £240,000

What precisely does this information have to do at all with what had happened to this poor lady? Of what significance is it to anyone at all that she had two properties worth £xx? Is there NO situation at all where these property-ramping, corporate wh*re, vulture motherf*ckers miss an opportunity to ramp mention how much this murder victim/car accident victim/rape victim/whatever's house was worth?? Is nothing sacred? GRRRRR.......

Yes, I know; I need to calm down, dear.....time to up the dose of Mogadon!

Edited by vlad the impaler

I think the real story here is how much the murder will reduce local house prices :lol:

It is amazing and pretty sick- is it just that property ramping has become second nature to the degree that this just seems normal to the writers?

I think the real story here is how much the murder will reduce local house prices :lol:

It is amazing and pretty sick- is it just that property ramping has become second nature to the degree that this just seems normal to the writers?

It really is very sick. SICK. :angry:

Mrs Mills-Westley owned two adjacent apartments in the development set on a peaceful hillside at the edge of Los Cristianos. She rented out one two-bedroom apartment and lived in the other. Similar properties are on the market for about £240,000

One of the busiest items on the Tenerife Forums, of which I've been a member for over two years, is the tax-clampdown. Enforcement of a law that was passed approx 15 years ago but not properly ever enforced, to stop illegal renting of apartments and villas without owner ever paying tax. 17 or so government inspectors now supposedly appointed and for action against those who advertise their properties for rent who don't have an authorised licence or something, and mention of big fines for those caught.

Lots of people on that thread for the enforcement action, saying it will even help community growth in the long term, and not bothered how it affects prices. They seem to not like absent owners who only rent out property and often find they are the same owners who are in arrears with service charges. Matched by lots of investment sort of people very strongly against it, worried about a major crash in values.

Finally action on illegal holiday lettings in Tenerife

http://www.tenerifef...s-tenerife.html

Post #1545. 2nd May 2011

So as not to cause any further confusion with the Transparency tread, the what constitutes a Property Wanted thread and this one, I have come here at the request of Doreen to explain my vested interest.

Doreen, as you know, my wife operates a Long Let Apartment Agency, I am a fully legal Maintenance Engineer and I operate a fully legal cleaning company.

Now, my reasons for the stance I took on this thread are the same ones that I feel most people should also be looking from.

If and when this 'law' is implemented as it stands, this is how it will affect me directly. I will have less work in private apartments that I know are being let to tourists because there will be no tourists in the apartments either because the apartments are closed up waiting for the owner, or family & friends, or in the hands of the bank as repossessions.

I will have less work in bars because some of the bars & restaurants will be closed because there will be considerably less self catering tourists.

My wife will have to work harder to let the apartments she looks after because the Long let market will be flooded with ex-holiday rental apartments on residential complexes whose only alternative will be to try to stave off repossession by undercutting the existing market. Also, the long let market is made up generally by workers and the retired. Hopefully, when the prices in the long let market tumble, there will be more retired, because, as already explained above, there will be a lot less workers.

My mates, who have managed to make it through the recession so far, will have a lot less work, because after the 'crash' there will be less money to spend as it is not coming in from the tourists. They then will have a lot less money to spend in their favourite watering hole etc and the cycle continues.

This has already been posted in many forms above.

My vested interest isn't as an engineer, a cleaning company or a long let agency.

It is as a 17 year resident of South Tenerife who can only see many many things that will change everyone's way of life in this place that I love to live in, & none for the better for me and many more like me.. In my opinion, the consequences are really serious, so you will have to excuse me if I don't take yours and Loaded's point of view while you sit there rubbing your hands with glee over the proclamation 'finally action on illegal holiday lettings in Tenerife'.

I apologise If I have offended anyone with my comments on here, but smugness by some in the face of potentially serious hardship for others, really grates.

Edited by Venger