House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bradbury Robinson

Can You Block Indivdual User Posts?

No, but you can ignore users in your settings.

You don't see the post but you see a box with the name of the user who you have ignored if they post a comment in a thread you are reading.

That's the one, cheers.

I did check in there but must have overlooked it!

Yes, but then how will you know what someone has posted?

:blink:

You have the option to read any post they make or you might see it quoted in a reply.

This all seems a bit complicated

Surely it would just be easier to stick ones head in a bucket of sand?

I'd put money on Injin being the most ignored user.

Not that I have anyone on ignore.

I'm sure I've asked before if there any stats. Certainly Injin is on my ignore list, it's just pointless engaging in his particular brand of time-wasting.

Actually, I'm beginning to think there might be something in this.

Does anyone know if there is a way to put everyone on ignore?

I don't think so--- but I could offer to put you on mod prev so you would see your posts but no-one else would if that helps? :)

That's ok thanks, I've actually mastered a Jedi mind trick where I read people's posts and if I find them annoying I sort of just ignore them. :)

BTW - someone should keep an eye on the McCann thread, because if anyone repeats anything libellous you guys might find yourself making a donation to the FInd Madeleine Fund.

Can I just say - I've only just found the off topic forum and I have been avoiding the McCann thread like syphillis.

Unless you have a good lawyer, you need to be very careful what you publish about this subject.

I'm sure I've asked before if there any stats. Certainly Injin is on my ignore list, it's just pointless engaging in his particular brand of time-wasting.

The only people I've got on my ignore list are ones who I've found get abusive when you don't agree with them. Injin isn't one of them; he'll keep simply restating his views as fact, but I don't remember him personally attacking other posters who don't agree with him.

Unless you have a good lawyer, you need to be very careful what you publish about this subject.

Why, what are you suggesting?