House Price Crash Forum

Same Old -- How To Make Lots Of Money Revamping A House

That's not 'same old', it's the opposite!

Before you;d buy a house and convert it into a million shoe boxes, now they're saying you can make more money converting the shoe boxes back into a house! Why, well I guess it's because the youth don't have enough money to pay for the 'luxury, lifestyle led shoebox.

Before you;d buy a house and convert it into a million shoe boxes, now they're saying you can make more money converting the shoe boxes back into a house! Why, well I guess it's because the youth don't have enough money to pay for the 'luxury, lifestyle led shoebox.

+1

Before you;d buy a house and convert it into a million shoe boxes, now they're saying you can make more money converting the shoe boxes back into a house! Why, well I guess it's because the youth don't have enough money have more sense than to pay for the 'luxury, lifestyle led shoebox.

Corrected for you. ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/8513071/Property-special-Total-revamp.html?utm_source=tmg&utm_medium=TD_8513071&utm_campaign=property1505

When will the MSM stop printing these advertising features for property. Buy 7 bedsits and convert them into a big house and make multiple thousands of profit.

Wait and see if it sells.

Price drop already :lol:

Not enough Twiggidge ....... It'll never sell

Edit; add link

Edited by Griptool

That's the crux of being 'an expert' in your given field. LOoking at something and advising that they need to do the opposite!

Property Developers - knock down walls/put up walls.

PR Firms - round logo square/square logo round.

Food critics - more salt/less salt.

It matters not one bit what you are actually saying to do, just that you are doing something!

I would much prefer to see buildings with tiny, individual bedsits/flats turned into one large house than the other way around - so long as they were originally built as houses.

Increasing supply of larger houses will ultimately bring down the average asking prices for such homes (in theory). :)

http://www.telegraph...gn=property1505

When will the MSM stop printing these advertising features for property. Buy 7 bedsits and convert them into a big house and make multiple thousands of profit.

Wait and see if it sells.

It's like the elixir of youth. Or perpetual motion. According to the telegraph then, I could spend my whole life turning a house into bedists (and make thousands) and then turn it back into bedsits making further thousands. Amazing!

That's the crux of being 'an expert' in your given field. LOoking at something and advising that they need to do the opposite!

Property Developers - knock down walls/put up walls.

PR Firms - round logo square/square logo round.

Food critics - more salt/less salt.

It matters not one bit what you are actually saying to do, just that you are doing something!

And every time, estate agents, surveyors, builders, banks, mortgage brokers, the state, take a little cut.

I wonder who wins at this game?

Yes I agree - I really meant the buy for 875K add on 150K of work = 1025000 sell for 1495000. Property development brings you untold wealth in only 10 months.

Yes

Im reading this and saying to myself they are clever why did I not think to do that , then I realize I did not have the access to the £1,025,000 to start of with . Back to the drawing board.

Talking of figures, my wife was reading some 'Home' magazine, and she said there was this couple in there that had bought a house in Sussex for 390K in 2006, spent 190K on doing it up, ( it did look fabulous), but the great thing was it was now worth 900K or maybe it was 900K+. Sold it then? I asked. "No, they're not selling it, but that's how much it's worth" my wife replied. Two minutes later she told me off for being a pedant!

I asked. "No, they're not selling it, but that's how much it's worth" my wife replied. Two minutes later she told me off for being a pedant!

EA quote people values and people think it's the same as cash in the bank.

Lots of people on MSE worrying about how surveyors are undervaluing the house they want to buy.

:)

EA quote people values and people think it's the same as cash in the bank.

Lots of people on MSE worrying about how surveyors are undervaluing the house they want to buy.

:)

Probably valued it themselves.

300K profit is not really too much to ask for a bit of project management and some good interior design skills. Because they're worth it.