House Price Crash Forum

Hope None Of You Are Doing Anything Productive

OnlyMe

HOLA441

Time to shut down and ship out whatever is left before the tax hits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/may/14/historic-climate-change-deal-agreed-chris-huhne

Historic climate change deal with legal powers agreed by Cabinet

Chris Huhne will announce a long-term programme that will put Britain at the forefront of the battle against climate change

wind turbines

Climate change deal and a commitment to wind power and other green energy sources will attract investment to Britain, say ministers. Photograph: Graeme Robertson

Cabinet ministers have agreed a far-reaching, legally binding "green deal" that will commit the UK to two decades of drastic cuts in carbon emissions. The package will require sweeping changes to domestic life, transport and business and will place Britain at the forefront of the global battle against climate change

HOLA442

Climate change has seldom been mentioned recently, I was hoping it had disappeared.

I'm guessing that if you are a 'yucky' factory producing things then you will be taxed hard, yet if you are a banker using a solar powered laptop you'll be given tax breaks.

HOLA443

In the longer term it's a good strategic move. We're going to have to move away from a dependence on oil and we can either do it now in a measured way or sit tight and wait for the crisis.

If the thought of two billion Chinese and Indians with lots of new hardware, and all of it painted green or grey, looking for energy resources doesn't scare you, then it will in about 20 years.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Climate change has seldom been mentioned recently, I was hoping it had disappeared.

I believe that climate change is just a means to an end. The end is something from the UN called Agenda 21 and as far as I can tell, there is nothing to be done to stop it. It's a social agenda, not a weather or energy related one.

HOLA446

I believe that climate change is just a means to an end. The end is something from the UN called Agenda 21 and as far as I can tell, there is nothing to be done to stop it. It's a social agenda, not a weather or energy related one.

Repeatedly play Adelle songs across the airwaves until you're tired of life? I think I'm nearly done.

HOLA447
HOLA448

While many people support the United Nations for its peacemaking efforts, few know that they have very specific land use policies that they expect to see implemented in every city, county, state and nation. The specific plan is called United Nations Agenda 21 Sustainable Development, which has its basis in Communitarianism.

By now, most Americans have heard of sustainable development but are largely unaware of Agenda 21.

In a nutshell, the plan calls for governments to take control of all land use and not leave any of the decision making in the hands of private property owners. It is assumed that people are not good stewards of their land and the government will do a better job if they are in control.

COMMON PURPOSE PHILOSOPHY - COMMUNITARIANISM

Common Purpose is part of the New World Order and sustainable development movement. The main objective of Common Purpose is social control in a collectivist and corporatist society.

The philosophy behind Common Purpose is a strange mixture of Capitalism and Communism called Communitarianism.

Communitarianism - which is difficult to pin down - is a type of Neo-Communism that owes some of its ideas to Gramsci and the Fabians. When Tony B Liar talked about the 'Third Way', he meant Communitarianism.

Communitarianism is a "Big Brother knows best" type of philosophy.

Barack Obama is a Fabian Communitarian, although you will not have heard him use the term during his election campaign. Americans will get a shock when the truth of his hidden agenda becomes known and they find out his real intentions. Bear in mind that Obama is simply a front-man for the New World Order Communitarians.

Communitarians want to create a post-modern, post-democratic feudal society run by a small number of rich and powerful people with everyone else working as peasants. In order to achieve their objectives they must destroy the middle class and the nation state.

The State have ABSOLUTE power, and can do whatever they like.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm guessing that if you are a 'yucky' factory producing things then you will be taxed hard, yet if you are a banker using a solar powered laptop you'll be given tax breaks.

Oh, climate change is of course still progressing unabated (you can't change the laws of physics), although it is true that it has now become unfashionable to discuss the topic. This is due to a number of factors, including:

1) The short attention span of the media.

2) The successful campaign by vested interests to discredit and suppress the evidence for it.

3) The scientific illiteracy of the general public.

HOLA4412
Guest eight

Oh, climate change is of course still progressing unabated (you can't change the laws of physics), although it is true that it has now become unfashionable to discuss the topic. This is due to a number of factors, including:

1) The short attention span of the media.

2) The successful campaign by vested interests to discredit and suppress the evidence for it.

3) The scientific illiteracy of the general public.

And the cold. Don't forget the cold.

eight

HOLA4413

Cabinet ministers have agreed a far-reaching, legally binding "green deal" that will commit the UK to two decades of drastic cuts in carbon emissions. The package will require sweeping changes to domestic life, transport and business and will place Britain at the forefront of the global battle against climate change

ah shit. Why would we have to legally bind ourselves to do something we want to do? ******ing stitching us up again like how we have to bail out the eurozone. FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK :angry: nothing we can do about it, democracy my ****. This is potentially huge

HOLA4414
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4415

In the longer term it's a good strategic move. We're going to have to move away from a dependence on oil and we can either do it now in a measured way or sit tight and wait for the crisis.

If the thought of two billion Chinese and Indians with lots of new hardware, and all of it painted green or grey, looking for energy resources doesn't scare you, then it will in about 20 years.

I quite agree. Next month I'm visiting 15 drilling rigs in Northern Saudi Arabia. I believe 11 of them are drilling wells to pump sea water in.

Make what you will.......

Archived