House Price Crash Forum

Found Some Realistic Speaking Folk Today

longtomsilver

HOLA441

shame they were in the asylum.

Straight up! My dads been sectioned and is holed up in a mental hospital until they get his drug combo right.

I was in there today and two conversations were overheard on other tables.

One couple were talking about the imminent house price crash (sorry no mention of this site) and the other couple were discussing the very serious 'debt crisis' on the horizon for Europe and it's wider implications (civil war, famine etc etc). Both talking of moving money around including NS&I.

Have to say it was a breath of fresh air going in to the asylum compared to all the brainwashed denialists on the outside. Might voluntarily check-in myself :D

HOLA442

Straight up! My dads been sectioned and is holed up in a mental hospital until they get his drug combo right.

One couple were talking about the imminent house price crash (sorry no mention of this site) and the other couple were discussing the very serious 'debt crisis' on the horizon for Europe and it's wider implications (civil war, famine etc etc). Both talking of moving money around including NS&I.

Have to say it was a breath of fresh air going in to the asylum compared to all the brainwashed denialists on the outside. Might voluntarily check-in myself :D

HPC.co.uk practically is an Asylum mate :lol:

HOLA443

Sometimes realising and grasping the true scale of a negative issue can cause one's grasp of other, more everyday things to slacken temporarily or more long-term.

HOLA444

were they former economic advisers to Gordon Brown that needed to be - ahem - removed from the game?

HOLA445

were they former economic advisers to Gordon Brown that needed to be - ahem - removed from the game?

:lol:

Will they be returned to their central bank jobs when they again consider debt-is-wealth, ZIRP and QE are the way forward...?

The asylum is indeed on the outside these days judging by what the so-called experts have done.

HOLA446

haha! One was definitely a tory old chap and I did wonder if indeed they were put there and thought about my own ramblings on here and if one day they'll come after me. worse places to be when TSHTF IMO.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Ahem...speaking as a Shrink, the above doesn't surprise me.

I've had many similar conversations in my workplace to the one described above. Being mentally ill is VERY different from being stupid.

Absolutely, I could relate very similar anecdotes. Persons I have met with mental illness can appear 99.9% mentally well, then the 0.1% shows itself and you realise recovery can be very slow (if ever).

I have often thought people who aspire to become politicians or other leaders should undergo mental health testing before appointment. I suspect a large proportion would fail although probably would do their utmost to cover their tracks.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

My sympathy to you and yours Tom.

Thank you, not an easy time for him and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy being where he so the sooner he gets out the better.

Quite a rapid onset! A month ago he said to me he thought he was going to die every time he stood up so I cracked the line 'well don't stand up then' convinced himself that our water was being poisoned so the water supplier kindly sent a guy out to test it and provide a report as reassurance... that didn't work and obviously not drinking water suppresses the appetite so he's become very, very frail. Has started taking small sips of water again so that's where we are at (roll eyes).

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Obviously I'm not directly involved but the problem you describe is eminently treatable; I've seen it improve loads of times. But it can take a while...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The people that are the NHS have been fantastic and have presented it this way as well. It basically comes down to a lifetime of bad eating habits (fry ups, cream on everything etc etc) that has finally caught up with him in the form of diet dementia... fortunately this is mostly reversible by eating well.

Thanks BTW

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Alzheimer's is also called the third type of diabetes. Another reason my diet is spot on. Diabetes on one side of the family; Alzheimer's just diagnosed on the other.

Nothing wrong with fat and fry-ups though. Cut out grains/legumes processed food, excess fructose/carbs, and you're good to go.

Of course the HPC favourites of pasta rice and oats for end of work scenraio are no use to me :lol: I'll sticky with pemmican, jerky, tinned fish and corned beef. Plenty of fat too. Not pleasant but will keep you alive. The body runs well once fully keto adapted. Enjoy your horse food though lads:D

HOLA4415

Diet dementia - interesting, never heard of that before. Hope it can be reversed.

Best of luck to your Dad and your family.

I'm being lazy and in text like fashion making conditions up. It's basically early onset dementia and bad eating habits have alot to do with it. A wake up call for him, he'll be home soon enough. The silver lining is that it's allowed my mum to have a big clear out of all the junk he's hoarded over the years in his office and outbuildings.

Edited by tomposh101

HOLA4416

Look away now anyone with a weak stomach...

A cousin of mine is a psychiatric nurse and he told me that they sometimes have older folks in displaying mental symptoms and they are so badly constipated they can vomit faeces. Once this is cleared up they regain their faculties. Diet therefore and toxicity can have a devastating effect. I hope your father gets well again soon.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Classic pyschology experiment re: whether the clinically depressed are actually more realistic:

Judgment of contingency in depressed and nondepressed students: sadder but wiser?

by: L. B. Alloy, L. Y. Abramson

Journal of experimental psychology. General, Vol. 108, No. 4. (December 1979), pp. 441-485.

http://www.citeulike.org/article-posts/4012127

Basically, put a person in a room with a light and a fake light switch.

The light is set up so it's turned on about 75% of the time - it turns itself on and off at short random intervals regardless of whether you press the switch or not.

After having left the person in the room for a bit, ask them what degree of control they thought they had over the light.

Most "normal" people will claim they had a high degree of control over the light. Most clinically depressed people will say they had very little control over the light.

Sadder but wiser indeed ..

HOLA4419

Look away now anyone with a weak stomach...

A cousin of mine is a psychiatric nurse and he told me that they sometimes have older folks in displaying mental symptoms and they are so badly constipated they can vomit faeces. Once this is cleared up they regain their faculties. Diet therefore and toxicity can have a devastating effect. I hope your father gets well again soon.

That sort of faecal impacting generally happens in the very old (85+) and is a medical emergency. He's only 73 years young but thanks for spoiling my tea anyway :D

Again, thanks for your best wishes... he's alot better than he has been, his appetite has returned and is now complaining they aren't feeding him enough so give it a few weeks and he'll be out.

HOLA4420

That sort of faecal impacting generally happens in the very old (85+) and is a medical emergency. He's only 73 years young but thanks for spoiling my tea anyway :D

Again, thanks for your best wishes... he's alot better than he has been, his appetite has returned and is now complaining they aren't feeding him enough so give it a few weeks and he'll be out.

When FIL developed paranoia they thought that might clear up a bit with properly supervised diet, as paranoia is also a side effect of severe constipation.

I've thought more highly of high-fibre diets ever since I heard that.

db