House Price Crash Forum

How To Send A Webpage As An Email (Newsletter)

tinker

HOLA441

I do a bit of voluntary work and I have been producing newsletters for a a voluntary group.

Basically I want (for them) to be able to email rather than print and post the newsletter.

I've created an html version of the newsletter which is fine. I seem unable to 'send' webpage in Outlook. To test I've done a new email and pasted the html (all of it doctype, head, body). But it's coming back as the code not the webpage.

Anyone any experience of this and what steps I'm missing? When I look at the source code of newsletters I receive, it's just html, so I'm baffled.

It would be cool to figure out. :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443

I do a bit of voluntary work and I have been producing newsletters for a a voluntary group.

Basically I want (for them) to be able to email rather than print and post the newsletter.

I've created an html version of the newsletter which is fine. I seem unable to 'send' webpage in Outlook. To test I've done a new email and pasted the html (all of it doctype, head, body). But it's coming back as the code not the webpage.

Anyone any experience of this and what steps I'm missing? When I look at the source code of newsletters I receive, it's just html, so I'm baffled.

It would be cool to figure out. :blink:

Sounds like an Outlook problem rather than anything else.

There are some suggestions here....

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237228

Personally I'd use something like http://www.mailchimp.com/

HOLA444

Perplexing.

Sarah, I have been turning them into a PDF which is how they are currently sent.

gilf, I'll try Thunderbird later.

I've tried all sorts in Outlook [2003], not happening (templates, signatures); the IE options creates images which messes up the CSS and this positioning of graphics.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Just get Google Feedburner to do it all for you.

You basically set up RSS on your website, you then join up to Google Feedburner and give it automatic control over your RSS feed. Then, whenever you post a new article to your website Google Feedburner will email it to you subscribers either straight away or in a certain time window.

All you need to do is to add your email list to your list of subscribers within Google Feedburner.

There are plenty of articles online telling you how to set this up for a website, a blog such as blogger, drupal or wordpress, etc. Have a look around as some of the articles are brilliantly written in talking you through the steps.

Google Feedburner is free, as are a few others.

HOLA447

I'll second all the people telling you to use some service for this

Apart from anything else sending a load of emails from a personal account is an easy way to find yourself blacklisted as a spammer (which means that none of the emails will ever arrive)

HOLA448

I had a go with Thunderbird yesterday using the html file as a signature, and sending a test. It seemed to work beautifully... and then I checked the received email in MS Outlook - it almost worked. Not quite rendering correctly. (The top of a 'div' disappearing.)

HOLA449

I had a go with Thunderbird yesterday using the html file as a signature, and sending a test. It seemed to work beautifully... and then I checked the received email in MS Outlook - it almost worked. Not quite rendering correctly. (The top of a 'div' disappearing.)

Well, you just need to change the div don't you :P

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Archived