House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deflation

Silver Down 17% In One Day

down 50% in two weeks?

Beg your pardon, quoted the maths the wrong way round. $48 on 28th April, $32 today, so it was 50% HIGHER 2 weeks ago, it is of course a FALL of 33.3% in 2 weeks.

chart silver.png

post-12660-0-26582000-1305217180_thumb.png

Edited by deflation

Isn't that GS throwing a temper tantrum because they weren't in the glencore IPO?

I've been following this one very closely and it is a very credible theory. Today's planted rumour that Glencore might suspend its IPO seems to confirm it.

It implies commodity falls until the 24th at the earliest.

Beg your pardon, quoted the maths the wrong way round. $48 on 28th April, $32 today, so it was 50% HIGHER 2 weeks ago, it is of course a FALL of 33.3% in 2 weeks.

corrected a 1/3 (from a peak) in 2004 & 2006 (albeit these took approx. 5-6 weeks)

in 60 days it has finished where it started:

ag0060lns.gif

it's about now where it gets interesting

I've been following this one very closely and it is a very credible theory. Today's planted rumour that Glencore might suspend its IPO seems to confirm it.

It implies commodity falls until the 24th at the earliest.

I know GS weren't in on the IPO, but why would they do this? Care to explain?

It is going back down below 26 bucks... think it will get to 20 by mid June at the latest.

what do you base your opinion on?

What do you mean ? People who buy silver are not investing they are simply getting out of fiat currencies. They won't give a toss how many £ or $ their bits of silver are worth.

Then again - and contrary to all they say - I imagine most do. ;)

what do you base your opinion on?

Gut feeling.

There is awakening political interest in commodity prices now, especially in the US. American Senators are asking hard questions why commodity prices are so inflated, as are CEOs of big US corporates.

Charts aside, rumours of rigging by giant squids, hedge funds and whoever else... I think that the main player in commodity prices in the coming months will be political ones cracking down on the speculators.

The margin calls on silver were just the start, others will follow and as they crash down silver will naturally fall further.

I could be wrong of course, but charts don't account for political moves in advance, only with hindsight do charts show how political decisions affect prices.

:) Possibly only a temporary drop.

The Far East, China are opening another commodity exchange in Hong Kong on the 18th May.

The paper jokers at the US Crimex, and London Bullion are going to get bypassed.

The margin calls on silver were just the start, others will follow and as they crash down silver will naturally fall further.

I've just put on my tin foil hat and it reminded me that Keiser was trying to pump the silver price claiming it would bankrupt JPMorgan.

So were the margin calls an attempt to cool the price and save JPM? Or should I take off the TFH?

I've just put on my tin foil hat and it reminded me that Keiser was trying to pump the silver price claiming it would bankrupt JPMorgan.

So were the margin calls an attempt to cool the price and save JPM? Or should I take off the TFH?

Shanghai gold exchange just upped its margins on silver for the third time this month - it is only May 12th. To 19% now.

I would keep the TFH on if I were you.