House Price Crash Forum

Would Hpc Cope If We Have Another Thread On Scottish Independence?

azogar

HOLA441
HOLA442

What makes me laugh is the Scottish join a website called www.hpc.co.uk - yep UK and then say we can not discuss Scotland.

We have threads on USA, Greece, France, Spain, Ireland, etc. But it is only when Scotland is discussed that we get posts of "Stop this now" or the little Englanders.

Talk about chips on shoulders.

HOLA443

What makes me laugh is the Scottish join a website called www.hpc.co.uk - yep UK and then say we can not discuss Scotland.

We have threads on USA, Greece, France, Spain, Ireland, etc. But it is only when Scotland is discussed that we get posts of "Stop this now" or the little Englanders.

it's not the thread subject, it's the amount of threads

and i live in NI

anyway, the thread was intended for some light relief, so no offence intended

HOLA444

Err. What makes me laugh is the fact that Scotland is not independent, and is in fact a part of the UK. All that has happened is that the big political parties in Westminster have been given their walking papers in Scotland.

Hypothetical discussions are fine, but endless arguing about your fears and anguish over the ridiculous scenarios you lot keep putting forward has absolutely nothing to do with house prices. Not in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, or anywhere. Perhaps its a more akin to a current affairs topic, but there is no separation at this time, and won't be for years, or maybe never.

Plus, the Scottish parliament has about as much relevance to an Englishman as does your local pie and chip shop. You'd think some Aussie in a kilt has bent over and shown you his balls at your dinner table, they way you are carrying on.

But, this SNP victory in the latest election has managed to bring a lot of bigots on here out of the closet, bandying rather vile, xenophobic rhetoric.

Man up a bit, and get on with your own business.

HOLA445

it's not the thread subject, it's the amount of threads

and i live in NI

anyway, the thread was intended for some light relief, so no offence intended

I'm a sardine and I'm offended. :angry:

HOLA446

Err. What makes me laugh is the fact that Scotland is not independent, and is in fact a part of the UK. All that has happened is that the big political parties in Westminster have been given their walking papers in Scotland.

Hypothetical discussions are fine, but endless arguing about your fears and anguish over the ridiculous scenarios you lot keep putting forward has absolutely nothing to do with house prices. Not in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, or anywhere. Perhaps its a more akin to a current affairs topic, but there is no separation at this time, and won't be for years, or maybe never.

Plus, the Scottish parliament has about as much relevance to an Englishman as does your local pie and chip shop. You'd think some Aussie in a kilt has bent over and shown you his balls at your dinner table, they way you are carrying on.

But, this SNP victory in the latest election has managed to bring a lot of bigots on here out of the closet, bandying rather vile, xenophobic rhetoric.

Man up a bit, and get on with your own business.

So form www.hpc.scotland and all will be well.

Stop moaning and start doing something proactive for Scotland. You want independance start independent websites.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Thanks to pp for another thread!

I wonder how the destruction of labour in Scotland will influence Norn Irn?

Anyway, interesting post here from macroman - increased possibility of a snap election by Cameron after the Scotland humiliation for Labour. He reckons the Millibugs would have been wiped out there under first-past-the-post! The irony, seeing as the Tories were already wiped out.

http://macro-man.blogspot.com/2011/05/oil-greece-and-slippery-politics.html

Maybe next spring for UK election, depends on rise in consumer confidence.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

A discussion about what impact independence would have on house prices either side of the border is perfectly on-topic. A load of anti-Scottish racism from EDL sock puppets is not.