House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

Dublin Bomb Scares - Total Chaos

Spoken to biz associate this afternoon - Dublin's been in total chaos today with bomb scares, and yesterday too. Defence Forces found non viable device earlier (still a device, note) and something just found at Dame Street, according to rumour. Main rail station evacuated earlier.

All of this is being kept hush hush for some reason.

Buried towards the bottom of the Irish Times front page. LINK

Connolly Station and the surrounding area have reopened to the public after a suspicious device was earlier found on Amiens Street in Dublin.

Spoken to biz associate this afternoon - Dublin's been in total chaos today with bomb scares, and yesterday too. Defence Forces found non viable device earlier (still a device, note) and something just found at Dame Street, according to rumour. Main rail station evacuated earlier.

All of this is being kept hush hush for some reason.

Makes me wonder what other news is being kept from us. More riots in Greece today (if you didn't know).

4 IED's in Ireland in the last 24 hours. Any idea why/who?

Lots of two line articles. Most peculiar. Didn't even realise they'd found viable bombs! RTE remaining very quiet.

An Army Bomb Disposal Team made safe a viable improvised explosive device (IED) on Dunsink Lane near St Joseph's Park in Dublin this evening

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/dublin-army-bomb-disposal-team-disarms-device-504566.html#ixzz1M3htrSjm

the place where they make the crystal :lol:

Not Waterford for sure. Went into receivership in 2009. I worked over there for a while, the site had a few ex-employees who told me how the company persuaded them to allow the company to re-invest their pension pot. Was all pi$$ed away by management. Compensation was about 1/4 of what they should have had.

Makes me wonder what other news is being kept from us. More riots in Greece today (if you didn't know)

Greece's problems, including fresh riots on BBC news now. Lets give them more money. Hussar! :angry:

I always think reporting bomb scares or even bomb explosions on the front page of Newspapers, lead story on the News or whatever is exactly what the bombers want and should be discouraged. By all means report it and this method is the best way imo. We're such a media driven society with everyone glued to the drug of a nation that it makes no sense to do otherwise.

Any idea why/who?

Could be someone anti-austerity or anti EU. "They" want to keep it hushed so there isn't a swell of support from the general public wanting the government to back out of the EU bailout.

Not Waterford for sure. Went into receivership in 2009. I worked over there for a while, the site had a few ex-employees who told me how the company persuaded them to allow the company to re-invest their pension pot. Was all pi$ed away by management. Compensation was about 1/4 of what they should have had.

Exactly wot that *****a Willie Walsh (b. Dublin) attempted on Irish Airlines. He got them set up for a flotation to make himself and his management team millions thru the deal (and their hands on the workers pension pot) Irish Govt told him to sod off (peaty)

He is now shit-stirring up the trouble in British Airways trying to deprive the workers of decent pension/living wages/working conditions

(this is done deliberately to annoy the common pleb passengers - so they blame the airline staff :))