House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roost

Current Mortgage Multiples

My partner and I are hoping to buy our first house this winter (hopefully during full-fledged capitulation). Does anyone know what the current lending multiples are and roughly how much we could borrow at the moment. Specifics are...

Myself: 32k p/a (+3k overtime; is this taken into account?)

My partner: 12k

We have 3 dependant children (but no childcare costs) which I have also will reduce the amount lent.

I would be very grateful for any information/recent experiences you have...

V

Try here with Halifax: My link. I believe that they are keen to prevent full-fledged capitulation

My partner and I are hoping to buy our first house this winter (hopefully during full-fledged capitulation). Does anyone know what the current lending multiples are and roughly how much we could borrow at the moment. Specifics are...

Myself: 32k p/a (+3k overtime; is this taken into account?)

My partner: 12k

We have 3 dependant children (but no childcare costs) which I have also will reduce the amount lent.

I would be very grateful for any information/recent experiences you have...

V

Depends on how much you borrow (LTV) and where you intend to buy (to an extent). In the good parts of London you can get 5x your gross income if you have an excellent credit history and minimal or no debts. Not hard with 30%+ deposit however if you only have 15-25% you’re probably looking closer to 4x maximum. Sub 15% it get sketchy and not something I’ve looked into recently. A good broker can often get you more if you’re comfortable with the debt but it ultimately varies significantly depending on the lender.