House Price Crash Forum

Iran Goes Austrian? 'paper Dollar Destroying World Economy'

HOLA441

On the other hand Afghanistan does have a border with the east of Iran (as of course does Iraq on the west of Iran) so maybe the talk of leaving Afghanistan (and indeed Iraq) could be just empty talk, confusion talk and talk for home consumption (US elections 2012) etc.

That is if they are so anti Iran.

Edited by billybong

HOLA442

Not directly. The unrest iirc was triggered by rising living costs and unemployment. The rise in (dollar denominated) commodity prices is in response to Bernanke's printing press and the debasement of the dollar. For the most part, Arab currencies are pegged to the dollar so prices rose and their currencies fell. So indirectly, yes they did. By design? I don't know but I am beginning to think that todays tinfoil is tomorrows news.

Very true. I wouldn't go as far as to call the stuff I glean from places like ZeroHedge and MarketOracle 'tin foil', but they are certainly more radical than the MSM. Anywhere between 6 to 18 months later, I see the same stories coming up in the MSM, usually in a watered down 'Keep Calm and Carry On'-style though!.

Also, in addition to dollar printing causing the Arab Spring, you have the fact that many of the regimes are/were propped up by the US to support their geo-political interests in the region. These regimes are unpopular, so it goes without saying that sooner or later something will give and cause revolt, so the USA can be called complicit in many cases here too.

Edited by General Congreve

HOLA443

On the other hand Afghanistan does have a border with the east of Iran (as of course does Iraq on the west of Iran) so maybe the talk of leaving Afghanistan (and indeed Iraq) could be just empty talk, confusion talk and talk for home consumption (US elections 2012) etc.

That is if they are so anti Iran.

i doubt the Americans will be leaving Afghanistan any time soon as there is quite a lucrative cash crop over there,

opium.jpg

HOLA444

Very true. I wouldn't go as far as to call the stuff I glean from places like ZeroHedge and MarketOracle 'tin foil', but they are certainly more radical than the MSM. Anywhere between 6 to 18 months later, I see the same stories coming up in the MSM, usually in a watered down 'Keep Calm and Carry On'-style though!.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that ZH or MO were tinfoil - far from it. My tinfoil reference was to the thought that the US may have deliberately engineered the Arab uprisings by inflating commodity prices deliberately.

HOLA445

He's an excellent trouble causer and sometimes that can be done with a bit of honesty. Didn't he give a speech at the UN where he said the US was involved in 911? I think he's done a few speeches pulling on the strings of the conspiracy theories.

What I find shocking are the accusations of sorcery made on members of the government by the clerics.

It's like being back to the days of the inquisition.