House Price Crash Forum

12 Year Old Wears Skirt To School In Protest And Not Being Able To Wear Shorts

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8504552/Boy-wears-skirt-to-school-in-protest-against-discrimination.html

Chris Whitehead wore a girls' knee-length skirt to classes at Impington Village College, near Cambridge, Cambs.

He is protesting against a school uniform policy which bans boys from wearing shorts during the summer months.

He also addressed 1,368 pupils at morning assembly wearing the black skirt, which boys are permitted to wear due to a loophole in the policy.

Chris believes that forcing boys to wear long trousers during the sizzling summer months affects concentration and their ability to learn.

He said: ''In the summer girl students are allowed to wear skirts but boys are not allowed to wear shorts.

''We think that this discriminates against boys. I will march in a skirt with other boys waving banners and making a lot of noise.

''I will be wearing the skirt at school all day in protest at the uniform policy and addressing the assembly with the student council, wearing a skirt.''

Teachers at Impington Village College imposed a ban on boys' shorts two years ago following consultation with parents and teachers.

But when aspiring politician Chris joined the school he was outraged by the policy and pledged to overturn the ban.

Excellent.

The school would fall foul of sexual discrimination policy if it tried to ban boys from wearing skirts. Can't understand why they wanted to ban shorts, girls get to bend the rules in all sorts of ways it's about time the boys fight back.

All the boys should go to school in skirts.

I wonder if girls can wear shorts?

HOLA442

All the boys should go to school in skirts.

I wonder if girls can wear shorts?

Been there done that. It was a dare that got out of hand and all the men turned up dressed as tarts. The women teachers there all told us our legs were quite shapley :lol:

HOLA443

Good lad. And we are going to see more and more of this IMO. People pissed off with ridiculous anti discrimination/PC rules - finding a way to throw it right back in their faces.

Bring it on . :D

HOLA444

I don't see what all the fuss is about. In my schooldays, boys weren't allowed to wear long trousers till they went to high school - wee cold blue legs all winter! And after all, what's a kilt but a tartan skirt?:rolleyes:

HOLA445

I wonder how many girls tried to pull his skirt/kilt/whats-in-a-name up? If so where does he stand on being sexually harrassed? ;)

He seems like a sharp lad. Probably got that one covered. Sue the parents of the little sexual deviant girls - and retire on a Caribbean beach for the rest of his days. :D

HOLA446
HOLA447

Meanwhile, back in China and India the kids are spending their time learning. At least this little brat knows his rights at an early age.

Rights ? I think he just displays a very early understanding that blokes get regularly ******ed over by birds - all in the name of 'equality' - and he is standing up for himself. Should be commended. Little different from that bird who chucked herself under a horse.

Exactly the same principle.

HOLA448

Rights ? I think he just displays a very early understanding that blokes get regularly ******ed over by birds - all in the name of 'equality' - and he is standing up for himself. Should be commended. Little different from that bird who chucked herself under a horse.

That bird who chucked herself under a horse :lol:

HOLA449

I agree with you in a way. There aren't that many perks being a single, able-bodied, atheist, taxpaying, white male. I think, if anything, it highlights how absurd and soft we've all become. Britain couldn't fight WW2 again. It would violate every human right there is! ;)

HOLA4410

I agree with you in a way. There aren't that many perks being a single, able-bodied, atheist, taxpaying, white male. I think, if anything, it highlights how absurd and soft we've all become. Britain couldn't fight WW2 again. It would violate every human right there is! ;)

If it is any consolation there aren't that many perks being a single, able-bodied, atheist, taxpaying, non-white male either. The police don't come anyfaster or at all sometimes. But whenever you do report crimes that happen to you, then the cops will always attempt to get you to claim it was a racist attack.

HOLA4411

If it is any consolation there aren't that many perks being a single, able-bodied, atheist, taxpaying, non-white male either. The police don't come anyfaster or at all sometimes. But whenever you do report crimes that happen to you, then the cops will always attempt to get you to claim it was a racist attack.

I imagine the police are obliged to check it off a long list of human rights type bs.

I had an Iranian guy run into my car. He wanted to drive off without giving me his details, so I removed the keys from his car. When the police arrived he told them it was race issue! The black policeman was infuriated with the guy, which impressed me. I doubt it's much fun being a copper.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Meanwhile, back in China and India the kids are spending their time learning. At least this little brat knows his rights at an early age.

State authority has spread so far that adults are treated like children ie. they can't help their behaviour so the state must step in and grant them equality of outcome. And now the same authority is spreading to children so they can act like adults who act like children.

Good to see a little chap sticking up for himself - he'll probably do well in future. For now, punish him and send him home until he complies with school rules.

HOLA4414

That's about all children seem to learn in school these days - what does and does not constitute a 'right' and which of their 'rights' are being violated.

In the old days it was a sign of maturity to put on long trousers at 14. Now grown men, let alone 12 year olds, are keen to dress like children in shorts, shirts with pretty pictures on them etc. Funny old world.

HOLA4415

Excellent.

+1. Splendid young chap, making a fuss of it. Why should he quietly accept discomfort for no good reason?

Wonder if he has a granny who was pioneer of female trousers or jeans to give him a perspective on how quickly to being perfectly normal?

HOLA4416

That's about all children seem to learn in school these days - what does and does not constitute a 'right' and which of their 'rights' are being violated.

In the old days it was a sign of maturity to put on long trousers at 14. Now grown men, let alone 12 year olds, are keen to dress like children in shorts, shirts with pretty pictures on them etc. Funny old world.

Just fashion. Have a watch of Beau Brummel helps put it in perspective.

Incidentally, a couple of years back various people got into the papers as adults for similar things in business settings - why did they have to wear suits shirts and ties with solid shoes in 30 degree heat while their female colleagues wandered around in floaty skirts strappy sandals and open back tops?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Things have certainly changed from when I was at school. Any boy showing up in a skirt would have other boys waiting to duff him up when he tries to walk home. I guess kids don't walk anymore.

HOLA4419

Shame he's not learnt about respect.

Can't believe that he's allowed to go round school like that and all his friends can wave banners in front of the press, etc - There's even a kid wearing trainers. Seems like the kids have more rights than the teachers.

HOLA4420

Things have certainly changed from when I was at school. Any boy showing up in a skirt would have other boys waiting to duff him up when he tries to walk home. I guess kids don't walk anymore.

My thoughts too. NOw, if he'd been REALLY clever, he would have claimed spurious Scots ancestry and worn a kilt. This would have a. been more manly and b. any criticism of it would be deemed racist and therefore on a par with kiddie-fiddling by the authorities.

HOLA4421

Archived