House Price Crash Forum
geezer466

House Prices Fall By £40,000 In Four Years

Around £40,000 has been wiped off the average value of a home in Britain over the last four years, research has revealed..

Check out some of the comments thus far. Couple of BTL's there whining their mis fortune.

The Mail getting bearish , love it!! Jacks not happy , the only way is UP!!

Bless him

In the history of house prices the - inevitable - only way is " UP ". They frequently dip a little - they sometimes stand still... but ALWAYS - at the end of each and every decade - they have - ALWAYS - gained ( mostly - a lot )..... there have NEVER - EVER been any exceptions to this economic rule. Most of you know this - but prefer to snuggle up to Mickey Mouse - and dream. Here is the test... do try it... tell me a decade when the price of the same house was cheaper than ten years earlier.... you can't ! But - please have a try - if you are daft enough. So - as always - BUY now.... it's the best ( free ) advice you're ever going to get. OK... as usual .... I'll now hand you over to the ... dreamers.

- Jack Russell.., Yorkshire., 10/5/2011 12:37

I'll be strategically leaving this out for the mother-in-law to read when she pops in over the weekend!!

2015 only 4 years to go!! :blink:

Bless him

In the history of house prices the - inevitable - only way is " UP ". They frequently dip a little - they sometimes stand still... but ALWAYS - at the end of each and every decade - they have - ALWAYS - gained ( mostly - a lot )..... there have NEVER - EVER been any exceptions to this economic rule. Most of you know this - but prefer to snuggle up to Mickey Mouse - and dream. Here is the test... do try it... tell me a decade when the price of the same house was cheaper than ten years earlier.... you can't ! But - please have a try - if you are daft enough. So - as always - BUY now.... it's the best ( free ) advice you're ever going to get. OK... as usual .... I'll now hand you over to the ... dreamers.

I'll be strategically leaving this out for the mother-in-law to read when she pops in over the weekend!!

I try arguing real vs nominal with people like this and they kind of whimper and walk away, once even referring to how intelligent he was and I wouldn't understand!

Yesterday's Halifax release yesterday has been a great sucker punch to last week's Land Reg. Two consecutive releases with YoY negatives and MoM greater than 1% down has finally caught the attention of the MSM. It's all just so unexpected... unless you are a HPCer!

If the suggestion of a £40k loss over 4 years doesn't put potential FTB's off then nothing else will.

IMO only a complete wipeout will.

Bless him

House prices only go up over a long enough timescale.

In 100 years time houses will cost more £ than they do now.

So will bread and whatever form of energy we are using then too.

I havent seen anything by way of house price falls where I am. They just seem to be stuck.

Interesting in America. Because the judges wouldnt lock the banksters up who have been fraudclosing on mortgagee's, there is now utter confusion over the titles against many properties there, making them even more worthless. I dont think we have the same problem over here, which is just as well cos you wouldnt want to buy a home without clear title unless the price was miniscule.

Sheeple have no clue as to the duraction of price cycles for housing which is why they believe anything that continues in the same way for a year or two must be normal.

People are only just realising that because the bank would lend x amount it does not mean its wise or safe to do so.

This shifting mindset will take time.

Its going to take ages for the 'only a small island, 'increasing population', 'missing the boat' misconceptions to be understood.

The slide albeit a slow one is accelerating now as the job cuts are starting to cut in.

There is nothing that focuses the mind on dropping a price with an eye on a quick sale than looming redundancy.

What happens when they drop by 40% from peak, and the banks suddenly start lending to the professional landlords again?

The Government have not introduced ANY policies, to discourage Landlords.

First Time Buyers are never going to get a look in, until we discourage Buy To Let.

In a fair and equal society, a system should be implemented so that first time buyers get to buy property, before investors.

The least we should expect is A Progressive policy from a government whom care about WHAT drove rising prices.

Not just that prices were rising.

The wipeout is coming.

The magic question is when.

Only those who buy with cash can win with property, from here on in. Same as it ever was really.

Edited by cashinmattress

Bless him

60's House prices went up as UK recovered from the war. Rationing withdrawn and full employment (causing employers to keep raising wages to keep good staff)

1969 Miras introduced to bribe middle classes & rich to buy houses

70's Oil crisis, imf loan, = massive inflation - but unions were powerful enough to force businesses to pay inflation wages to keep up.

Thatcher goes for all out assault on unions using devious methods by secret services usualy reserved for internal anti-terrorism

Thatcher sell-offs begin council housing + first state company /utilities,

massive gas and oil revenues start flooding the City (which were all squandered by Govts in the 80's and 90's as they 'bribed' the uk to keep their popularity high)

Thatcher deregulates the City Bankers in the Big Bang and unleashes a monster which will hold the UK population to ransom and vamp the taxpayers to their last drips of life-blood

80's Housing Crash after withdrawl of Miras announced 1982 - the wealthy were being given 'benefits' 1983-84 mortgage interest relief cost uk taxpayers £2.8 billion

Yes your M&D were given govt sponsored 'cash-back' for buying a reasonably cheap house with single salary

Falklands war

'Barrow-Boys' taken on by the City

Massive Pension mis-selling started around this time too!

City recovers first & goes into "LOADS 'A MONEY "Show us yer WAD"(WAD-JET) overdrive as proles are encouraged (by Govt advertising/brainwashing) to sink their meagre savings into utility shares - shortly to have them wiped-out in the so-called dot-com bust a few yrs later.

90's

1st Gulf war (Burning Bush #1)

The City/financials start conning the population by getting them to sell themselves out known as carpet bagging. Building societies were bought out and turned into banks. these regional societies/banks were then formed/assimilated into larger and larger banks which gave worse service and started treating customers like shite and ripping them off.

Banks meanwhile had been putting their 'sting' in place (Got rid of all the old-skool 'mannerings' quietly buying up smaller financial companies to use as a front for selling their mortgages (giving the illusion of 'competition') and estate agent chains to manipulate the housing markets up with lax lending practices for the following decade

2000 (masons 6000yr birthday)

frightening and encouraging ordinary shareholders into BTL after the City 'insiders' made a 'swift' killing on the faux dot-com boom on shares- wiping out all the pleb-newby Utility shareholders.

Late 90's - 2000's

Blair/Brown 'Combo' appear -

false invasion/war (Burning Bush #2)

a completely false "No Boom 'N Bust" 'SERVICE' economy sends housing into overdrive as Brown deregulates the City/bankers even further (undoing hundreds of years old sensible rules that kept their excessive greed at bay)

Northern Croc bank run and near fatal collapse of Blitish banking system exposes ALL the banks. They are bank-rupt and to the beginning of 2011 demand 2.4 Trillion Pounds off Bank of England to keep them going day-day.

We are now left with a collapsed, 'basket case' economy stealing off the poor to give to the City to enable them to carry on their practices still unregulated

with clowns Cameron & Clegg

Edited by erranta

Around £40,000 has been wiped off the average value of a home in Britain over the last four years, research has revealed..

Check out some of the comments thus far. Couple of BTL's there whining their mis fortune.

I keep saying on here to people who say..."there will be no crash"....that we are in the middle ( or a bit before the middle) of the biggest crash of all time !!!

It will just take a while, but it is happening. embrace that fact and enjoy your rental home :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

60's House prices went up as UK recovered from the war. Rationing withdrawn and full employment (causing employers to keep raising wages to keep good staff)

1969 Miras introduced to bribe middle classes & rich to buy houses

70's Oil crisis, imf loan, = massive inflation - but unions were powerful enough to force businesses to pay inflation wages to keep up.

Thatcher goes for all out assault on unions using devious methods by secret services usualy reserved for internal anti-terrorism

Thatcher sell-offs begin council housing + first state company /utilities,

massive gas and oil revenues start flooding the City (which were all squandered by Govts in the 80's and 90's as they 'bribed' the uk to keep their popularity high)

Thatcher deregulates the City Bankers in the Big Bang and unleashes a monster which will hold the UK population to ransom and vamp the taxpayers to their last drips of life-blood

80's Housing Crash after withdrawl of Miras announced 1982 - the wealthy were being given 'benefits' 1983-84 mortgage interest relief cost uk taxpayers £2.8 billion

Yes your M&D were given govt sponsored 'cash-back' for buying a reasonably cheap house with single salary

Falklands war

'Barrow-Boys' taken on by the City

Massive Pension mis-selling started around this time too!

City recovers first & goes into "LOADS 'A MONEY "Show us yer WAD"(WAD-JET) overdrive as proles are encouraged (by Govt advertising/brainwashing) to sink their meagre savings into utility shares - shortly to have them wiped-out in the so-called dot-com bust a few yrs later.

90's

1st Gulf war (Burning Bush #1)

The City/financials start conning the population by getting them to sell themselves out known as carpet bagging. Building societies were bought out and turned into banks. these regional societies/banks were then formed/assimilated into larger and larger banks which gave worse service and started treating customers like shite and ripping them off.

Banks meanwhile had been putting their 'sting' in place (Got rid of all the old-skool 'mannerings' quietly buying up smaller financial companies to use as a front for selling their mortgages (giving the illusion of 'competition') and estate agent chains to manipulate the housing markets up with lax lending practices for the following decade

2000 (masons 6000yr birthday)

frightening and encouraging ordinary shareholders into BTL after the City 'insiders' made a 'swift' killing on the faux dot-com boom on shares- wiping out all the pleb-newby Utility shareholders.

Late 90's - 2000's

Blair/Brown 'Combo' appear -

false invasion/war (Burning Bush #2)

a completely false "No Boom 'N Bust" 'SERVICE' economy sends housing into overdrive as Brown deregulates the City/bankers even further (undoing hundreds of years old sensible rules that kept their excessive greed at bay)

Northern Croc bank run and near fatal collapse of Blitish banking system exposes ALL the banks. They are bank-rupt and to the beginning of 2011 demand 2.4 Trillion Pounds off Bank of England to keep them going day-day.

We are now left with a collapsed, 'basket case' economy stealing off the poor to give to the City to enable them to carry on their practices still unregulated

with clowns Cameron & Clegg

Are the masons 6000 years old? I have read that they go back to Egyptian times, but that predates all but the very earliest Egyptian history.

What is the story as you know it if their origins?

I keep saying on here to people who say..."there will be no crash"....that we are in the middle ( or a bit before the middle) of the biggest crash of all time !!!

It will just take a while, but it is happening. embrace that fact and enjoy your rental home :lol:

I can't believe anyone is debating whether there will be a crash either. We're in it. We've been in it for 4 years. I can illustrate with a Titanic analogy. Most people are already in the life boats or jumping overboard, all that's left are BTL'ers and MEW'ers, below deck and enjoying the complimentary cocktails. Iceberg? What iceberg?

I can't believe anyone is debating whether there will be a crash either. We're in it. We've been in it for 4 years. I can illustrate with a Titanic analogy. Most people are already in the life boats or jumping overboard, all that's left are BTL'ers and MEW'ers, below deck and enjoying the complimentary cocktails. Iceberg? What iceberg?

Wish I could see the ship listing just a bit round here.

more like the exxon valdez - hasn't actually gone down, will be long and drawn out, causing a hell of a mess even (and especially) to those who thought they were safely ashore

People are only just realising that because the bank would lend x amount it does not mean its wise or safe to do so.

+1

Bank were prepared to lend us over twice what we needed last year. We looked at how much we would have had to pay monthly for the next 25 years (and with little prospect of rising income), we felt that it would bankrupt us if we borrowed anything like that even if interest rates did not rise. I am amazed that people borrow as much as the bank will give them, as all that would mean is not been able to go out, go on holiday and having the perpetual worry of an increase in Interest rates making things even worse. Worse still are the EAs who when they know what you have agreed in principle as a mortgage believe because you can offer more that you will.

Yes, great comments there, very sensible and knowledgeable.

And this was good too.

Is this the Wile E. Coyote moment for many?

- Andrew, Yorkshire, UK, 9/5/2011 10:41

..."there will be no crash"....that we are in the middle ( or a bit before the middle) of the biggest crash of all time !!!

+1

Even where it is not apparent, there are ominous signs. Asking prices may be high, but there are precious few sales. In 24 months time, nowhere will prove to have been immune. Just a matter of time.