House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vman7

Share Isa/funds

can anyone recommend a fund or share isa to maybe put £100-200 a month in to? i dont know enough about shares to individually trade so would rather leave it in a proffesionals hands.

any advice would be great

thanks

can anyone recommend a fund or share isa to maybe put £100-200 a month in to? i dont know enough about shares to individually trade so would rather leave it in a proffesionals hands.

thanks

Well advice can't be given (think its against rules of the board). You need to i) decide for yourself or ii) go to an IFA who can help you determine what your intended use will be for the money you're investing.

1year? 5years? 10? retirement?

How much volatility and risk do you want to accept - your investments can go down as well as up...

I've recently started my first S&S ISA. I don't know enough or have the investment platform to mess about like some of the people on here with shorts/longs holding investments in curencies which will appreciate against the pound and so on.

I chose 2 stable funds as found on trustnet.com / citywire.co.uk / bestinvest and 2 'speculative funds' (energy and small cap europe.)

I will then spread out and invest my next sums into emerging markets and Japan.. Though with Japan i need to work out what is likely to grow in their economy, it might have to be a very targeted investment (dangerous!) anti radiation drugs and mops for example. (deliberately flippant).

Using those websites mentioned you could probably identifiy 4 or so funds which consistently return 4% +/- 2% which is better than the cash return.

Enjoy, i have done while doing research.

thanks

As said, it really does depend on your attitude to risk, time frame, objectives etc. I manage my partners ISAs and the bulk goes into managed Uk equity income funds, income reinvested. its a conservative play to hedge against inflation and provide a little income when she retires. A smaller amount goes into more exotic, higher risk funds to add the possibilty of growth. We are in an inflationary environment, the bigger global companys will always find a way to secure their margins.

Just started 2 Santander S&S ISAs, £5340 in a "balanced" portfolio and the same again n the "emerging markets" (shit or bust!) portfolio.

I hope to effing god they know what they're doing; I don't know enough to play with S&S myself so I'll let the experts go for it, their charges / returns are proportional to the portfolios' success so it's in their interest for them to perform well; and for some reason I "trust" :lol: Santander more than any other high street bank (plus my advisor was absolutely stunning!).