House Price Crash Forum

F T Bs Are "rushing" To Snap Up Houses

HOLA441

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/09/first-time-buyers-lead-market-boom-115875-23117290/

First-time buyers lead market boom
by Laurie Hanna, Daily Mirror 9/05/2011
More people are looking to own their first home than at any time in the past 12 months, property website Rightmove said, with 26% of all house-hunters new to the market. A third of them said they were trying to beat a boom.
Director Miles Shipside said finance remains a problem “but would-be buyers have decided to act”.

The Mirror are right, I just looked out my window and I can see young couples running down the street to the EA offices with queues already forming. Must have been the 1.4% mega drop announced this morning.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA442

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23117290/

More people are looking to own their first home than at any time in the past 12 months, property website Rightmove said, with 26% of all house-hunters new to the market. A third of them said they were trying to beat a boom.
Director Miles Shipside said finance remains a problem "but would-be buyers have decided to act".

The Mirror are right, I just looked out my window and I can see young couples running down the street to the EA offices with queues already forming. Must have been the 1.4% mega drop announced this morning.

That'll be me...Miles thinks a scan of his website is an upturn in the market...for headlines sake...however, he also realises that people need money to buy houses....and that means credit.

And with Greece et al relying on the largess of Banks in the UK, Germany and France, cash may be a bit short...

HOLA443
HOLA444

Me also, the wife is going into meltdown house demanded.

Trying to mitigate losses by getting a smaller house if possible.

Thankfully most of the houses are surprisingly grotty as I thought all the MEW would = nice interiors (dont seem to get much for 250k in norwich 10x local av salary) so she is being delayed looking about which is good.

HOLA445

Me also, the wife is going into meltdown house demanded.

Trying to mitigate losses by getting a smaller house if possible.

Thankfully most of the houses are surprisingly grotty as I thought all the MEW would = nice interiors (dont seem to get much for 250k in norwich 10x local av salary) so she is being delayed looking about which is good.

we pay a rent.

We have about 70ft of lawn with a field on the back behind that...our bedroom is on the ground floor and when we open the curtains, at the base of the bed, we look through the patio doors, this is the view we have...countryside.

Mrs Loo, says..isnt it wonderful to wake up to this....not an overlooked 20x20 fenced in piece of grass.

She is right.

HOLA446

Who writes this drivel? Any FTB rushing to get on the 'ladder' at the minute better be prepared for NE, because that's exactly what they'll get.

VI's need to find something better to do with their time than trying to push the young towards the lions mouth...

HOLA447

LOL.....

Laurie who?

Dont give him the Airtime RB.

This thread has already had 257 views.

He's just doubled his readership.

Who writes this drivel? ..

C262DCDB-DF68-022F-B75C24A50F6B5E0B.jpg

Awww, isnt he precious? :lol:

Edited by Dan1

HOLA448

meanwhile, here in Rickmansworth, Herts, supply keeps on growing. (Props on market up from 230 to 244 in last 3 weeks)

18 price reductions in May so far alone. (25 in the whole of April)

Bring it on!!

source: zoopla

Edited by BearNecessities

HOLA449

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/09/first-time-buyers-lead-market-boom-115875-23117290/

Director Miles Shipside said finance remains a problem “but would-be buyers have decided to act”.

I see they've got a piece on the McCanns too :rolleyes:.

We're in our late spring/early summer rental, overlooking the Mediterranean, at the moment. We move to our high summer rental in mid June. Perhaps we should dash back to Blighty to buy a house before all the bargains have been snapped up..... or perhaps not :lol:.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

:D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Miles Shipside lives in Lalaland.... :wacko:

+100000000000000

When thousands of First Time Buyers search the web, they inevitably end up viewing HPC [which recieves hundreds of thousands of page hits per week.]

Miles Shipside, Director of RightMove.

Can any FTB stomach his constant bull [sH1T] ishness?

I for one will be doing everything possible to avoid using RIGHTMOVE, when purchasing my first property, after the 50% + crash.

And that's all down to you Miles. Well done.

HOLA4412

It is unlikely the banks will be opening the credit taps soon. Lloyds Bank just posted a whopping £3bn loss.

Watch mortgage availability, watch bank profitability, and watch the US home indices, which lead the UK market by 1 year+. No need to rush at all.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

What boom would that be then? The boom that ended over 3 years ago?

I think the Mirror bosses must be entering the fear stage by now. Their BTL portfolios must not be shifting well at all. The ship is sinking

HOLA4419

What does this really mean- that they going to 'act' like they have the finance even if they don't? Note the phrase 'would be buyers'- not real buyers then- is this even coherent english, or is the guy just babbling? :rolleyes: