House Price Crash Forum

If You Were Right Freds Dead...

HOLA441

Well its a simple question that no doubt has a complex answer, but what would you do if you were walking in Mr Freds boots?

Personally I respect his noble motives but if push came to shove I _would_ wait at least 9 months to gage the housing market in his area.

HOLA442
Well its a simple question that no doubt has a complex answer, but what would you do if you were walking in Mr Freds boots?

Personally I respect his noble motives but if push came to shove I _would_ wait at least 9 months to gage the housing market in his area.

I hope circumstances will allow him to postpone his purchase. If only until next year.

Because I believe we ‘aint seen nothing yet! (crash will accurate).

But all the best to him. (before he goes I’d like to see the 'blue meanie' back)

HOLA443

Well first of all I wouldn't ask anybody here for their advice.

What I would ask for is their practical assistance.

His first problem is finding a decent place to rent within his location that will accept pets.

Anybody know of any particular properties or landlords that accept pets? I believe he said Salford? area and that he has to run his business from home.

Anyway if you do you could PM him. Don't post it on the boards because somebody lurking will beat him to it.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here Fred, but I do know that a little bit of help is worth a ton of sympathy!

HOLA444
HOLA445

I have already PM'ed RFD wishing him well. If he has found the perect home then he should buy. In my hometown , there seems to be an area that hasn't dropped at all in the last 12 months. The properties sell immediatley because they have uninterupted views of Windsor Castle.

If the place he is buying is in a sought after area, he will benifit financially in the long run, but more importantly it will help to get his nethew(s)/niece(s) on the straght and narrow.

HOLA446
I have already PM'ed RFD wishing him well. If he has found the perect home then he should buy. In my hometown , there seems to be an area that hasn't dropped at all in the last 12 months. The properties sell immediatley because they have uninterupted views of Windsor Castle.

If the place he is buying is in a sought after area, he will benifit financially in the long run, but more importantly it will help to get his nethew(s)/niece(s) on the straght and narrow.

I really should start one finger typing. Can't spell for sxxt :(

HOLA447

I remember reading somewhere (on here I think) that clauses in tenancy agreements banning pets would not be enforceable in a court of law. Am I right?

On a similar note, if we had decent tenancy laws like those on the continent, and not ones that are stacked almost entirely in the landlord's favour, maybe RFD and many others like him wouldn't be forced into buying when they're not sure it's a good idea. Some things about this country really are a disgrace.