House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Run On Pie & Chips

could be hard for sole traders

:lol:

Out of interest what do you pay for cod (real cod) and chips takeaway nowadays.....yesterday I paid £5 exactly, is that good or bad?... good size of cod and a decent portion of chips all freshly made yum. ;)

:lol:

Out of interest what do you pay for cod (real cod) and chips takeaway nowadays.....yesterday I paid £5 exactly, is that good or bad?... good size of cod and a decent portion of chips all freshly made yum. ;)

fiver down here, cheaper up north.

....how much cheaper?.....I'll be right there. ;)

maybe a quid or 50p.

If you ever get to Saltburn by the Sea have a try at the small kiosk on the seafront by the pier, best fish and chips I have ever had and I have had a few!!

maybe a quid or 50p.

If you ever get to Saltburn by the Sea have a try at the small kiosk on the seafront by the pier, best fish and chips I have ever had and I have had a few!!

Sounds like heaven on a plate....they were asking £4 for half a dozen large chewy whelks in a small polystyrene pot here the other day. ;)

Where I am you get a massive cod and chips for 5.50 (no mushy peas). That's enough to feed 2 people.

Always amazes me the variation in quality. One place near me does great chips, but the cod is rank and I alkways get a pain in the gut after eating the sausages. Don't go there now unless want chips only.

Another place does great cod, ok chips and the big portion. It's always rammed.

Now back to subject and a question for the experts on HPC. If I buy a big cod and chips and stuff it in the petrol tank of my car (messy I know but could be done) how many mpg will that get me ?

Where I am you get a massive cod and chips for 5.50 (no mushy peas). That's enough to feed 2 people.

Always amazes me the variation in quality. One place near me does great chips, but the cod is rank and I alkways get a pain in the gut after eating the sausages. Don't go there now unless want chips only.

Now back to subject and a question for the experts on HPC. If I buy a big cod and chips and stuff it in the petrol tank of my car (messy I know but could be done) how many mpg will that get me ?

it might not get you to the plaice you want to get to

For gods Hake... Stop this now!!

I agree after he has messed up his vehicle he will have it take it to a car tuna

depends if you have a turbot charger

Come on Ken, this is your dream thread, combining motor vehicles and chip shops.

I smelt a rat from his original post

Guest eight

maybe a quid or 50p.

Or go to the Vista Mar and pay £19.95.

eight

Guest eight

Sounds like a red herring to me

You couldn't afford the red herring. Unless you flexed a bit of financial muscle, of course.

eight