House Price Crash Forum

Why Are Some Threads Moved Off Topic?

HOLA441

I'm a bit annoyed that the thread on the Scottish elections has been moved off topic.

With the snp landslide there is now a distinct chance that Britain could be split in 2. To be honest I can't think of much else that would have a more profound affect on house prices or the economy.

Could the moderators explain why this is less relevant than most of the other crap on the main board?

HOLA442

I'm a bit annoyed that the thread on the Scottish elections has been moved off topic.

With the snp landslide there is now a distinct chance that Britain could be split in 2. To be honest I can't think of much else that would have a more profound affect on house prices or the economy.

Could the moderators explain why this is less relevant than most of the other crap on the main board?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Doesn't most of the other crap eventually get moved OT too? :huh:

What's wrong with discussing OT things in OT?

HOLA446
HOLA447

I don't agree that it is off topic, and I can't imagine many people venture into the current affairs section. never mind the politics sub forum within it.

Reality is once its moved the thread will quickly die

That's true of any forum. Many people on HPC would do well to get rid of first-page-itis on HPC and just read through all the subforums.

HOLA448

There are ways and means of contacting the moderators. You can press the report button on the post - you can PM them. Continually starting threads on the main board only gets you a spell of moderator preview of your posts.

Read the forum rules.

Public questioning of moderating decisions will be deleted.

HOLA449

The thread was moved to "politics" along with all the other political threads started.

This could have been discussed privately and a compromise reached. Demanding answers from the moderators breaches forum rules

From the Forum Rules:

PUBLIC QUESTIONING OF MODERATORS DECISIONS

Whilst we try to be as open as possible in the moderation of the forums, the moderators do not have the time to enter into public debate over the rights and wrongs of every moderating decision. Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted.