House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

The Cleggster

In my town they don't begin the count until now,but the LD's admit they have lost all their seats as well as the AV referendum.The mood is pretty grim amongst the activists and they are unanimous in their view that he has had it as leader.The LD response seems to be that they will be more robust in the coalition and will dig in on such things as the immigration cap.It seems like they think the drubbing wasn't severe enough so they have chosen an issue to make a stand on that will alienate a few more people.

In my town they don't begin the count until now,but the LD's admit they have lost all their seats as well as the AV referendum.The mood is pretty grim amongst the activists and they are unanimous in their view that he has had it as leader.The LD response seems to be that they will be more robust in the coalition and will dig in on such things as the immigration cap.It seems like they think the drubbing wasn't severe enough so they have chosen an issue to make a stand on that will alienate a few more people.

The LibDems have hung themselves.

When they joined the Tories in government and believed they'd get AV they climbed onto the chair.

When they started agreeing to lots of cuts they put the noose around their necks.

When they signed up for tuition fees of 9k they kicked away the chair.

Milliband will be PM within a year and Clegg will cross the house and "become" a Tory, if they'll have him, which is debatable.

All IMO of course.

I'd rather like Labour to get back in just in time for some of the consequences.

Indeed...

Labour's leaflet was about the terrible cuts the council were making - so now we can ask them to reverse them and see what lies they come up with next.

They have been bleating for two years I think that they have not been able to do anything they wanted - well now they are in charge again so let's see.

Indeed...

Labour's leaflet was about the terrible cuts the council were making - so now we can ask them to reverse them and see what lies they come up with next.

They have been bleating for two years I think that they have not been able to do anything they wanted - well now they are in charge again so let's see.

Strange then, that it seems to be the Labour councils that are doing most of the axing!

I wish they'd make their minds up.

Indeed...

Yes, they majored on the nasty, ideologically driven cuts. For anyone that knows anything about what's gone on in the economy or the reason for the (non-)cuts, it's quite hard to take. The 'not my fault guv' stance is truly breathtaking.

Most of the cuts are politically driven - Mount Rushmore Syndrome.

Labour doing so well, speaks volumes about the general public's ignorance, but the political savvy of the Labour party. They got their message across and hammered it home. Not pretty but effective.

As for the Lib Dems, they are in government. If they panic (too soon), I think they'll be wiped out.

Yes, they majored on the nasty, ideologically driven cuts. For anyone that knows anything about what's gone on in the economy or the reason for the (non-)cuts, it's quite hard to take. The 'not my fault guv' stance is truly breathtaking.

Most of the cuts are politically driven - Mount Rushmore Syndrome.

Absolutely correct: "The most visible and most appreciated service that is provided by that entity is the first to be put on the chopping block".

Labour doing so well, speaks volumes about the general public's ignorance, but the political savvy of the Labour party. They got their message across and hammered it home. Not pretty but effective.

I must be alone in finding Labour to not be savvy at all, but even more pathetic than before. Yes, we knew their collective ineptitude led to all massive problems either being caused, or being far worse than they should have been.

But now to somehow absolve themselves of any blame and suggest that the tories cuts are 'evil' is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

They remind me more and more of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rice/Rumsfeld/Scalia/Thomas/Harris act in the early 2000s - utterly feeble and pathetic.

I must be alone in finding Labour to not be savvy at all, but even more pathetic than before. Yes, we knew their collective ineptitude led to all massive problems either being caused, or being far worse than they should have been.

But now to somehow absolve themselves of any blame and suggest that the tories cuts are 'evil' is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

They remind me more and more of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rice/Rumsfeld/Scalia/Thomas/Harris act in the early 2000s - utterly feeble and pathetic.

To be honest, it bemuses me. It's so obvious that they are bad, incompetent, deceitful - and ridiculous, yet people 'buy' what they say, and the truth/facts don't get out there.

There is another aspect of this - knowing Labour people - is that they actually believe what they say, whether it's conditioning, a cult-thing, a misplaced virtue or zealotry. At meetings they use the term 'comrade', you cannot argue economic reality with them. It is something to behold.

I could never be a politician because I couldn't 'lie' the way politicians do.

That said I can never understand the tribal, won't be swayed nature of political affiliation.

The LibDems have hung themselves.

When they joined the Tories in government and believed they'd get AV they climbed onto the chair.

When they started agreeing to lots of cuts they put the noose around their necks.

When they signed up for tuition fees of 9k they kicked away the chair.

Milliband will be PM within a year and Clegg will cross the house and "become" a Tory, if they'll have him, which is debatable.

All IMO of course.

They have totally destroyed themselves and seemingly for nothing.

They have totally destroyed themselves and seemingly for nothing.

If the LibDems hadn't entered coalition then they would forever have the label of the thrid party who contest elections without any intention of ever getting into power. They were damned if they did, and damned if they didn't.

If the LibDems hadn't entered coalition then they would forever have the label of the thrid party who contest elections without any intention of ever getting into power. They were damned if they did, and damned if they didn't.

True, but I think jumping in with the Tories was far worse from the floating voters point of view than going with Labour.

I think the damage is done, they only way they can come out the other side IMO is to ditch Clegg quickly and shift the majority of the blame on to him as an individual, then seriously distance themselves from the coalition.

they could have said 'no' rather than sneak about trying to broker sly deals with both sides for their own means.

Stupid party. And now they've shown what they really stand for - absolutely nothing.

As a Lib-Dem voter I don't have a problem with them doing a few deals whilst in a coalition. I do have a problem with them totally reneging on their election pledge over tuition fees. I didn't necessarily expect them to achieve the abolition of fees or anything but they should not have supported it in the way that they did. It wouldn't have been necessary to bring the coalition down over it but they could have all abstained.

As a Lib-Dem voter I don't have a problem with them doing a few deals whilst in a coalition. I do have a problem with them totally reneging on their election pledge over tuition fees. I didn't necessarily expect them to achieve the abolition of fees or anything but they should not have supported it in the way that they did. It wouldn't have been necessary to bring the coalition down over it but they could have all abstained.

My guess is that 90% of the lost votes were due to the tuition fee climbdown.

Clegg had no balls on this, and got exactly what he deserved.

Education is the main engine of social mobility so helping the Tories pull up the ladder was suicide.

Education is the main engine of social mobility so helping the Tories pull up the ladder was suicide.

At a Tory myself, I have to agree.

To be honest, it bemuses me. It's so obvious that they are bad, incompetent, deceitful - and ridiculous, yet people 'buy' what they say, and the truth/facts don't get out there.

There is another aspect of this - knowing Labour people - is that they actually believe what they say, whether it's conditioning, a cult-thing, a misplaced virtue or zealotry. At meetings they use the term 'comrade', you cannot argue economic reality with them. It is something to behold.

I could never be a politician because I couldn't 'lie' the way politicians do.

That said I can never understand the tribal, won't be swayed nature of political affiliation.

I think having the full weight of their state sponsored propaganda machine behind them (i.e. the BBC) has a lot to do with it.

So the general feeling is, we want key Labour back in power, even though we hate them, as we know they so utterly ******ing useless they will administer the coup de grais to our nation?

I'll go along with that. Hopefully the police will turn a blind eye, when hundreds raid parliament, to hang the ******* from Tower Bridge.

[P.S. I only ever wanted a house i could work and pay for Gordon, and a decent job. Yet your incompetence and theft, has turned us all into anarchists. What the F@l possessed you to go into politics?]

So the general feeling is, we want key Labour back in power, even though we hate them, as we know they so utterly ******ing useless they will administer the coup de grais to our nation?

I'll go along with that. Hopefully the police will turn a blind eye, when hundreds raid parliament, to hang the ******* from Tower Bridge.

[P.S. I only ever wanted a house i could work and pay for Gordon, and a decent job. Yet your incompetence and theft, has turned us all into anarchists. What the F@l possessed you to go into politics?]

sumed it up well for many of us on here i expect!

On the subject of the clegmeister WTF has he gone and done now! "OK, so if there is ever any problem with the NHS you can now blame me, i have personally agreed to oversee everything that happens to it and no way no how will anything not be my fault!"....

Gosh, hold on, what have i just said?

nick+clegg.jpg