House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Is Fp On Bbc News 24 Now?

Great performance JD!

Hammering the banks 'lies' to the consumer over their PPI fraud.

Some total p1llock claiming bank lying is a case of buyer beware.

JD shot him to pieces. Great piece Jonathan

Some total p1llock claiming bank lying is a case of buyer beware.

It's true of course that people should have a massive distrust of anyone employed by a bank but that hardly makes the lies the bank tells ok.

Up until a decade ago the banks did actually care about maintaining their image as trustworthy pillars of society, you could get your passport application signed by a bank manager etc, you'd trust them like you'd trust your doctor, now that supposed advocate of banking they had on seems happy to tell the world that you should expect bank staff to behave like market traders and should automatically be distrusted. What an admission.

Who is FP?

FP, otherwise known on as 'Financial Planner', is Jonathan Davies who used to be a prolific poster here and became an unofficial spokesman for the site.

FP only occasonally posts here now but continues to make regular media appearances making the case for house price falls.

A voice of reason in a hurricane of madness, he is a proper HPC legend if ever there was one.

http://jonathandaviswm.com/jonathan-davis-media/

Edited by nmarks

He quit when some of the idiots here started to hurl abuse at him.

It was not merely abuse. he put up with huge amounts of that.

No, it was when a poster (a solicitor) threatened FP's living and that this could affect his family!

Can you Adam'n'Eve it?

Hopefully the snippet will appear here in due course:

If anyone has an alternative link, please post.

now added at the link, 'All other articles' part.

As it happens, the other interviewee has a point about the pisspoor state of people's understanding, but his comments about it all being the buyers' fault is blatant ******. I used to deal with PPI complaints and there were many earnest people who were shafted on dubious technicalities- pre-existing condition (bank decided without recourse to medical notes), self-employed hit because in order to lodge a claim against the unemployment part of the policy the insured must be in receipt of JSA, but you cannot receive that for 9 months after becoming unemployed if previously self-employed.

There are plenty of greedy feckwits though, but the salespeople in the bank were cretinous in the extreme.

Edited by cheeznbreed

JD is right, and so is the other guy, even if baldy comes across a bit of smarmy snake in the grass.

Banks only mis-sell because people are too ignorant and greedy.

Legislation and regulation is in the hands of politicians and their bureaucrats.

Politicians are elected on a manifesto pledge to uphold a system that meets the voters will.

Bureaucrats are put in posts by the politicians.

Can't really single out bankers in that scenario, can you?

JD is right, and so is the other guy, even if baldy comes across a bit of smarmy snake in the grass.

Banks only mis-sell because people are too ignorant and greedy.

Legislation and regulation is in the hands of politicians and their bureaucrats.

Politicians are elected on a manifesto pledge to uphold a system that meets the voters will.

Bureaucrats are put in posts by the politicians.

Can't really single out bankers in that scenario, can you?

Harold Shipman only killed old people 'cause they were stupid.

You really need help sunshine.

+1

But on the same basis, if you pop down to the banksters house and smash their kneecaps, it's fair enough, right? They should have realised people don't like being defrauded.

How so. Who is to blame when the state will do nothing?

Yes, my personal feelings are that bankers are pure evil, and I would gladly be the hangman for the lot of them, but the point is that we are all to blame because we all made the system.

Just deal with it, or run for office. I'll vote for an honest politician, any day. Just find me one.

How so. Who is to blame when the state will do nothing?

Yes, my personal feelings are that bankers are pure evil, and I would gladly be the hangman for the lot of them, but the point is that we are all to blame because we all made the system.

Just deal with it, or run for office. I'll vote for an honest politician, any day. Just find me one.

The political proess has been hijacked - you don't get any choice at the polls - you get the same bought out / lobby fodder / political donated crooks at each election.

The second the polls close attention turns to feathering their own beds and repaying the donated favours for their political campaigns.

I'm not so sure - seems to me that it's a symbiotic relationship; Stupid, greedy, feckless idiots who will borrow too much if they are able to and clever, greedy, irresponsible moneylenders who will loan it to them (knowing there's a taxpayer funded bailout at the end for them, when it all goes wrong).

The banks should certainly be penalised for attempts to rip people off but equally their customers need to take some fiscal responsibility for what they are doing instead of complaining that "money is too complicated for me" and assuming that their asses are going to be totally covered by a nanny state.

Indeed, was a shame. Hopefully he still sticks his head round the door on ocassion. Good on ya, FP!

:lol:

He might be closer than you think..

The political proess has been hijacked - you don't get any choice at the polls - you get the same bought out / lobby fodder / political donated crooks at each election.

The second the polls close attention turns to feathering their own beds and repaying the donated favours for their political campaigns.

At least +1

FP, otherwise known on as 'Financial Planner', is Jonathan Davies who used to be a prolific poster here and became an unofficial spokesman for the site.

FP only occasonally posts here now but continues to make regular media appearances making the case for house price falls.

A voice of reason in a hurricane of madness, he is a proper HPC legend if ever there was one.

...he posts on here now as Killer Bunny.... :)