House Price Crash Forum
Boom

Lair Loans, And Where To Find One

Hello to you all, I have been following this site for years and check in daily to see whats new.

I'm currently a single bloke renting a modest flat in liverpool for £520 per month. I now am fighting the urge to buy, primarily to save money.

I seek a modest house around £80k in the liverpool area. I have a very small deposit, with additional security (though not cash) provided by BoM&D.

I realise that making a purchase now goes against the grain of this forum, but I would be interested in your thoughts regarding the shallow end of the market, there seems little room for price crash movement.

Further, have all suitable kinds of mortgages dried up now? Can anyone recommend a good starting point for example I have just been speaking to someone at Nationwide regarding their mortgage product with 95% LTV - it does not seem to exist in real life.

I would appreciate your thoughts Many thanks

That's Liar loans not lair ones ... :)

Still, I do not think it represents a Liar Loan unless you have the option to actually lie on the form.

MSM

I did find some 95% LTV mortgages on there for an 80k house with a 4k deposit and a salary of 30k ... mostly Lloyds TSB, a few Skipton and stuff.

Are you very sure 80k doesn't have room in it for more falls?

Aidanapword

That's Liar loans not lair ones ... :)

Still, I do not think it represents a Liar Loan unless you have the option to actually lie on the form.

MSM

I did find some 95% LTV mortgages on there for an 80k house with a 4k deposit and a salary of 30k ... mostly Lloyds TSB, a few Skipton and stuff.

Are you very sure 80k doesn't have room in it for more falls?

Aidanapword

Hello, many thanks for the link. While I claim to be looking for a Liar Loans, I do mean I'm looking for mortgage that suits my budget rather than any kind of fraud.

I don't know how much an 80k could still fall, but I am paying a fortune to rent a modest flat and wil save a substantial amount of cash per month if I buy.

I really wish I had bought years ago!