HOLA441
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

...ride on Macbeth ...sounds like you are all mouth and no trousers... :rolleyes:

Are you serious?

Tell you what, I will fund you to run next time. If you succeed and change the system then you owe me nothing but if you fall on you botty then you owe me double. Fancy the bet?

HOLA444

Are you serious?

Tell you what, I will fund you to run next time. If you succeed and change the system then you owe me nothing but if you fall on you botty then you owe me double. Fancy the bet?

...my friend ..thank you ..but I vote for current parties and therefore have no need to represent an alternative point of view ..but within these parties I will email my MP or other members to ask for action on certain matters...or state where I disagree.. .often it goes unheeded ..isn't that the way it works...democracy works with the majority leading and the leading parties change according to the votes....is there a better way...?.... :rolleyes:

HOLA445

I would love this on all voting forms. Show how much people really think of politicians and go as long as necessary without a politician.

If you don't vote for AV then you will likely never get a vote for PR. Its a sad state and a rubbish compromise but it's the only way to get close to a better voting system.

+1

I think that the establishment - Labour and Tory both - have had a nasty scare over AV. The prospect of not getting their 'turn' horrified them. They won't be letting this happen again..

HOLA446
HOLA447

Yes that is why I voted for AV - a signal of change. Little steps.

Also, I'd vote for a horse if it promised to end the house price madness.

The problem is, ending the house price madness requires that -

1) Mortgages are restricted to 3-3.5x single income, and any further borrowing cannot be secured against that property, or charge obtained ever.

2) BTL Lending is sharply restricted - 75% LTV, 125% coverage of repayment mortgage (any lending over this subject to immediate repayment)

3) A major program of council house building commences, concentrated in areas with labour shortages, with people then able to move from unemployment blackspots.

However, this means regulating the financial sector (The Horror!! The Horror!!), restraints on people being every house they can get their hands on, the government actually doing something (More Horror!!), and profits from mortgage lending being reduced due to lower volume (NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Persuading the general public that this program was a good idea would be trivial for a politician. Persuading your paymasters on this program... think 'swimming in concrete boots'.

HOLA448

...you are opting out of democracy and don't deserve to be a citizen of this country ...you may be good at raising issues but you offer no solutions.... :rolleyes:

Don't patronise me. I can think of plenty of solutions: raise interest rates, let the cost of living (especially house prices) fall, let bank bondholders lose, default on government debt if necessary. Which party is offering these policies? None? So why should I vote for a party that explicitly opposes the things I support?

HOLA449

Don't patronise me. I can think of plenty of solutions: raise interest rates, let the cost of living (especially house prices) fall, let bank bondholders lose, default on government debt if necessary. Which party is offering these policies? None? So why should I vote for a party that explicitly opposes the things I support?

vote for none of the big 3 then, why should people work for min wage when they dont benefit?