House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Did You Vote Today?

Vote.

Your ballot box needs you.

If you fancy causing chaos and not voting go en masse about 9.55 and demand to be allowed to vote.

Voted last week in post. Pretty dull. Yes or No. Just two choices? Where do I put my alternative vote?

I intended to vote.

Then I realized that I just didn't give a toss.

Why vote for one bunch of lying charlatans over another?

As for AV, I really can't decide which is the lesser of two evils. The current system or AV.

Voted last week in post. Pretty dull. Yes or No. Just two choices? Where do I put my alternative vote?

Indeed - even without the irony, it certainly needed a "none of the above" choice. I want proper PR.

I intended to vote.

As for AV, I really can't decide which is the lesser of two evils. The current system or AV.

snap

I got stopped by a neighbour yesterday asking me who he should vote for!

He hadn't got any leaflets through from any of the three parties in this one.

Just voted in the Welsh Assembly and AV election - my local polling officers told me, when asked, that the turn-out was very poor so far.

I asked if it was down on the Welsh law-making power referendum of last month and they said that it was. That vote only got about low 30s percent turn-out so if this one is less?

BTW, I have voted today.

Though in the local elections I only had a choice between the tories, liebour and the lib dems. I felt like drawing a big c0ck next to each of them.

Edited by MC Fur Q

BTW, I have voted today.

Though in the local elections I only had a choice between the tories, liebour and the lib dems. I felt like drawing a big c0ck next to each of them.

not many at my polling station, but those that i spoke with voted yes.

Edited by crash2006

BTW, I have voted today.

I had a choice of four (UKIP being the other in addition to the usual). No Greens, Indies, Loonies etc. All felt very dull with little sense of occasion . My missus and I were the only two voters in the polling station for the entire time we were in there (only four minutes or so mind). There were no candidates/NO/YES bods, leaflets, posters or rosettes outside the polling station at all. No-one else was leaving as we arrived, or arriving as we left. Seems like a shoe-in for the AV NO vote since oldies tend to turnout.

Indeed - even without the irony, it certainly needed a "none of the above" choice. I want proper PR.

I would love this on all voting forms. Show how much people really think of politicians and go as long as necessary without a politician.

If you don't vote for AV then you will likely never get a vote for PR. Its a sad state and a rubbish compromise but it's the only way to get close to a better voting system.

Haven't voted yet (I'm still at work) but will do. The only problem is that I'm not sure where my polling card is, but I assume that the polling station will be in its usual place (a container dropped on the side of the road).

I had a very strange time in the voting booth.

Somehow I ended up voting for a Labour candidate for the first time in my life.

The issue was that there was a Parish Council election as well and this required 5 votes, anyway there were 5 Lib Dems, 2 Labour candidates and 1 Conservative, plus 2 independents.

As I am generally a Conservative supporter and have a strong dislike of the Lib Dems, I ended up voting for all candidates except the Lib Dems

bit cr@p when there's only the big three troughers on the ballot paper.

I had a choice of blue or red.

Naturally therefore i voted in the referendum and wrote offensive comments on the other papers

voted UKIP.bit cr@p when there's only the big three troughers on the ballot paper.

spoke to a mate in the Tories earlier on and he was saying turnout appears to be very low.one ward he checked on had a box where at 3 pm only 8 people had voted out of 400.city centre he said,always bad but even he was surprised.

There should be a way of voting via the web.

I intended to vote.

snap.

this country is totally corrupt, I don't a f*ck about it anymore, I am in the process of upskilling and them me and mrs. jfk are emigrating to NZ, f*ck this shitehole

They closed my kids school today (Polling station).. I did not vote but I did take the day off work and took the nippers to Thorpe Park and went on every ride. Maximum waiting time for any ride was 10 minutes.

Quality family day. :D

Agree. A 'none of the above' box should be mandatory - and would at least enable voter disaffection against a choice of several non-entities to be gauged. I suspect a count of the 'none-of the above' would be a landslide.

Edited by jaydee

Voted Conservative and No to AV, About six people had voted by 9pm in my little ward. Amazingly the Tory is of my ethnic persuasion!

Won't be worth stopping up as I think most councils are counting tomorrow. No idea when the AV vote will be known.

Voted Conservative and No to AV, About six people had voted by 9pm in my little ward. Amazingly the Tory is of my ethnic persuasion!

Won't be worth stopping up as I think most councils are counting tomorrow. No idea when the AV vote will be known.

About 6 months ago.

Agree. A 'none of the above' box should be mandatory - and would at least enable voter disaffection against a choice of several non-entities to be gauged. I suspect a count of the 'none-of the above' would be a landslide.

This makes me think before the next general election change your name to "none of the above" then put yourself up for election. You'd have a guarenteed seat and a landslide win to boot.