House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

Tennant Has Paid No Rent.

Friend let his sisters boyfriends daughter move into his masionette.

The sisters boyfriend hasnt paid anything and is blagging it.

He thinks the guy is pocketing the rent.

How quickly can he get her out. I assume he cant just grab her by her ear and throw her out. Its getting nasty.

Yes i know he is stupid lol.

Friend let his sisters boyfriends daughter move into his masionette.

The sisters boyfriend hasnt paid anything and is blagging it.

He thinks the guy is pocketing the rent.

How quickly can he get her out. I assume he cant just grab her by her ear and throw her out. Its getting nasty.

Yes i know he is stupid lol.

In what sense is it "his" masionette?

Is it one that he lives in or one that he owes?

and how is the "guy" getting the money that he is pocketing?

In what sense is it "his" masionette?

Is it one that he lives in or one that he owes?

and how is the "guy" getting the money that he is pocketing?

He owns the maisonette outright. He is staying at his holiday home near to mine for the summer.

It looks like the father who lives with my friends sister or daughter who is living in the property has applied for a loan in his name as well as experian have let him know that someone from that address has applied for it.

The promised rent has not been paid.

Can of worms i think but getting her out might be a prob i told him.

He just wants to go round and evict her. I told him he coldnt do that. Said i would ask here to confirm.

Edited by stumpy

He owns the maisonette outright. He is staying at his holiday home near to mine for the summer.

It looks like the father who lives with my friends sister or daughter who is living in the property has applied for a loan in his name as well as experian have let him know that someone from that address has applied for it.

The promised rent has not been paid.

Can of worms i think but getting her out might be a prob i told him.

He just wants to go round and evict her. I told him he coldnt do that. Said i would ask here to confirm.

If she's a lodger you can just tell her to go.

If she's not it will need a court order to evict.

That's why knowing whether he lives there is important (and I still can't work it out)

tim

I reckon this is the best legal blog on landlord stuff:

http://blog.painsmith.co.uk/

You can browse it by topic.

Thanks for that. He was going to rent it to her while he spent the summer down here. No agreement has been signed just word of mouth.

Will tell him and let him sort it out.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that. He was going to rent it to her while he spent the summer down here. No agreement has been signed just word of mouth.

Will tell him and let him sort it out.

Thanks again.

If there's no written contract then there is nothing binding, and I would advise him to just turn on on the doorstep tomorrow morning with a gang of hired meatheads.

If there's no written contract then there is nothing binding, and I would advise him to just turn on on the doorstep tomorrow morning with a gang of hired meatheads.

Err no. Legally, I'm pretty sure she could be on a default AST without either her or your friend quite knowing they have entered such an arrangement.

The father and daughter pair do sound like complete scum. If I understand you correctly it looks like one of them has taken out a loan in your friend's name using his address?

Edited by Tiger Woods?

Without a writtent contract the law defaults to a statutory AST where the tenent has more rights than would otherwise be included in a written contract. An unlawful eviction could be very costly for the LL.

Get the police involved over the attempted fraud and move quickly to obtain an eviction order from the court, the attempted fraud may well satnd in good stead along with the non payment, it'll still take a few months. Could be quicker if the court sees evidence of the premices being used for the perpetration of a crime.

If there's no written contract then there is nothing binding

Entirely incorrect as zebbedee points out. An illegal eviction is a criminal offence, punishable with porridge. The LL needs to get a court order to get her out if she won't leave voluntarily. The lesson here is write everything down, so that everything is clear and the court doesn't have to deal with he said, she said.