House Price Crash Forum
R K

Germany 'bailing Out' Piggies To Get Their Gold

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2011/05/04/559231/portugal-sell-your-gold/

Another sign of the increased appreciation of gold as an important asset came from Germany today where Angela Merkel’s budget speaker and his opposition counterpart
have urged Portugal to consider selling their gold.
Norbert Barthle, Germany’s governing coalition budget speaker and his counterpart Carsten Schneider from the Social Democrats, the biggest opposition party, urged Portugal to consider selling some of its gold reserves to ease its debt problems.
They called for a review of Portugal’s request for financial aid to include gold and other potential asset sales.
The German lawmakers did not specify who should buy the gold from the Portuguese central bank but given the challenges facing Germany and the Eurozone, it is likely that the Bundesbank and the ECB would be willing buyers – if the gold is not already encumbered due to Portugal’s membership of the Eurozone.
Portugal, Spain and Greece all have large central bank gold reserves that have not so far been tapped, despite their precarious financial situation. Some economists and gold traders believe that they should sell part of their reserves to reduce the bailout burden on taxpayers in other parts of Europe.
Portugal has one of the biggest gold stashes in Europe, with 382.5 tonnes worth $US20.7bn. Its gold reserves equal 9 per cent of GDP, the highest of any European country. This month Portugal agreed a bailout from the European Union worth up to 80 billion euros ($108.4bn) as it struggles with debt equivalent to 92.9 per cent of GDP. It became the third country after Greece and Ireland to seek a bailout.
——
Most measures of a country’s debt ignore the value of gold holdings, but the scale of reserves held by Portugal, Spain and Greece has called into question whether they should be utilised to ease their debt crisis.

So that's the purpose of the EUSSR - To transfer all the gold reserves to Grosser Deutscheland.

Slavery takes many forms...............

Can you imagine if they can go broke and keep their gold. They'll be laughing all the way to the new reserve currency paradigm! Talk about get out of jail free card.

Damn right I'd want that gold in return for my soon to be worthless bailout Euro's.

Classic mercantilism. Avoid imports at all costs so you can drain your trading partner of all their specie and then invade them. Straight out of the 17th century playbook.

Wars are still being fought all over, but in most cases the big boys have long since dispensed with the inconvenient and expensive military action.

Can you imagine if they can go broke and keep their gold. They'll be laughing all the way to the new reserve currency paradigm! Talk about get out of jail free card.

Damn right I'd want that gold in return for my soon to be worthless bailout Euro's.

As its for the Germans I'm sure the Portuguese have better asets to sell - maybe lifelong access to the best sunloungers across the Algarve.

Or maybe they can just unload a lot of cra**y condos as the Germans seemed quite keen on them before.

Everyone is eyeing gold these days it seems from central banks to pension funds who would have thunk it.:)

I mean seriously, what hope have places like Portugal, Ireland and Greece got?

They'll be fine because the krauts have not got any nukes. NATO includes both Germany and Portugal, but also of course non EU nations.

As its for the Germans I'm sure the Portuguese have better asets to sell - maybe lifelong access to the best sunloungers across the Algarve.

Or maybe they can just unload a lot of cra**y condos as the Germans seemed quite keen on them before.

Everyone is eyeing gold these days it seems from central banks to pension funds who would have thunk it.:)

:lol:

They may as well make a giant towel with the German flag on it and lay it across the whole of Portugal.

Thats right

Those who bail out the likes of Greece and Portugal should be paid in kebabs and Turkish delight.

Some here seem to be from Planet Scroungeville, which is full of council houses occupies by DHSS parasites.

http://ftalphaville....sell-your-gold/

So that's the purpose of the EUSSR - To transfer all the gold reserves to Grosser Deutscheland.

Slavery takes many forms...............

wow this is telling of how well Britain is run: we have the same reserves as Lebanon!

1 United States 8,133.5

2 Germany 3,401.0

3 IMF 2,814.0

4 Italy 2,451.8

5 France 2,435.4

6 China 1,054.1

7 Switzerland 1,040.1

8 Russia 792.3

9 Japan 765.2

10 Netherlands 612.5

11 India 557.7

12 ECB 502.1

13 Taiwan 423.6

14 Portugal 382.5

15 Venezuela 365.8

16 Saudi Arabia 322.9

17 United Kingdom 310.3

18 Lebanon 286.8

19 Spain 281.6

20 Austria 280.0

Who advised Gordo then :lol:

ratzinger.

it's becoming very plain that the "war on terror" is what could be called "an expensive exercise in rebranding"

the muslims take the fall.

but egged on by the "bystanders" of russia,china and germany who will watch as our men and women pay the price with their lives in the middle east,thanks to a couple of crafty acts of domestic (financial and real) terrorism by the sovereign military order of malta.

the real prize(and I'm sure the queen is fully aware),is to financially break us and make us a vassal state of euro-russia.......but they need discord between us and the yanks in order to break us.

that's why you have things like operation cablesplicer.

the other major prize that is desired by this sinister clique is none other than the throne of britain itself being transferred to somebody more....well "on message" with the vatican.

...hence the need for celebrity-worship programmes to break us in.

the existing administration,of course,would have to be disposed of......or still existing members be sent into exile.

funnily enough it will be the russians who while starting out as agrressors in this despicable scheme will be one of the first to see the light and liberate people,with assistance from the remaining brits/yanks/canadians.

I for one am getting very fed up with their brainwashing.

wow this is telling of how well Britain is run: we have the same reserves as Lebanon!

1 United States 8,133.5

2 Germany 3,401.0

3 IMF 2,814.0

4 Italy 2,451.8

5 France 2,435.4

6 China 1,054.1

7 Switzerland 1,040.1

8 Russia 792.3

9 Japan 765.2

10 Netherlands 612.5

11 India 557.7

12 ECB 502.1

13 Taiwan 423.6

14 Portugal 382.5

15 Venezuela 365.8

16 Saudi Arabia 322.9

17 United Kingdom 310.3

18 Lebanon 286.8

19 Spain 281.6

20 Austria 280.0

Check those figures out per capita.

"They'll be fine because the krauts have not got any nukes. NATO includes both Germany and Portugal, but also of course non EU nations."

I'm not sure that being told what to do with the money for the benefit of the jermans is quite within my definition of fine.

It's looking increasingly like economics is politics by other means as far as the hun is concerned.

Surprised?

You shouldn't be.

"They'll be fine because the krauts have not got any nukes. NATO includes both Germany and Portugal, but also of course non EU nations."

I'm not sure that being told what to do with the money for the benefit of the jermans is quite within my definition of fine.

It's looking increasingly like economics is politics by other means as far as the hun is concerned.

Surprised?

You shouldn't be.

indeed.

it's following mein kampf virtually to the letter.

and there's plenty more little nuanced stuff in the political/corporate sphere is you care to look.

PUBLIC-PRIVATE-PARTNERSHIP!.....NuLabour's weapon of choice.(or should that be regarded as a merger of corporation and state..)

mussolini coined a certain phrase.

and there's more!

The new generation telecom network(which will be the method for cashless "mark-of-beast" style technology) is called LTE for short.

LTE stands for long term evolution.....or is that the 1000 year reich?

all hidden in plain sight.

indeed.

it's following mein kampf virtually to the letter.

But without the tanks and stukkas and mass murder. Bit of a difference that. Say what you like about bankers and social democrat politicans, but they are nowhere near as scary or effective as the wehrmacht in 1939.

The new generation telecom network(which will be the method for cashless "mark-of-beast" style technology) is called LTE for short.

LTE stands for long term evolution.....or is that the 1000 year reich?

Oh lovely, please do expand on that at length. I even know what LTE is, being a chip geek and all!

But without the tanks and stukkas and mass murder. Bit of a difference that. Say what you like about bankers and social democrat politicans, but they are nowhere near as scary or effective as the wehrmacht in 1939.

Oh lovely, please do expand on that at length. I even know what LTE is, being a chip geek and all!

Premature.

The military do what they're paid and told to do. Usually by bankers and their politicians (of whichever stripe). Have you forgotten already how the Bank of England came into being? Tut.

Premature.

I don't think so.

The military do what they're paid and told to do. Usually by bankers and their politicians (of whichever stripe). Have you forgotten already how the Bank of England came into being? Tut.

Germany is a toothless tiger desperate to pretend that it has some real power and is not in fact in a financial and demographic corner.

The european military does not exist, there is only NATO.

It won't be long before the ECB falls into line with the FED et al.

I don't think so.

Germany is a toothless tiger desperate to pretend that it has some real power and is not in fact in a financial and demographic corner.

You could be right, but it's an interesting battle fought along monetary and military lines. The BIS/ECB faction has a motley crew of allies in Asia and the Middle East. But every time Oil gets ready to ditch the dollar for Euros (configured as it is, with its free-floating gold component) and/or Gold Dinars, the US Military bombs the shit out of the region in question, or at least foments revolution.

It's all about oil, the dollar and gold.. and how they interact. ******ed if I understand it all. But I think there's more to this 'war' than military might.

But I think there's more to this 'war' than military might.

For now, sure.

Military might is in the end, nukes, and possibly some nasty bio stuff.

No-one has an incentive to go down that road, hence the need to avoid de-globalisation at all costs, and hence IMO our destiny is progress to the one world thing, or MAD.

House prices are a zit on the face of that dilemma.

I don't think so.

Which is why I said premature.

German military didn't exist in the early 30s either when they disassociated from the League of Nations.

China barely registered 15 odd years ago before the WTO set us on the path to where we are now.

This isn't even hypothesis - German ministers are openly saying they want the Piggy gold. You're over thinking a very simple issue. :)

...yet!.

when politicians decide that their clique is the way to go and anyone who believes in a different system is potentially subversive then you will see just how effective all of this data mining can be at identifying targets.....at the moment it is mad mullahs taking the blame(funnily enough because they believe in a system that is different to the establishment party line here.)

////so that net of "subversive/dissident/independent thinkers could be widened...if we have a more narrow minded government.

well the data rates transferred in these systems are several orders of magnitude higher than W-CDMA technology being presently used.increased data transfer could potentially enable live streaming tracking of individuals en masse.

as it stands the networks have enough trouble giving 20% of the population streaming video via mobile at present,but given technology expands exponentially this could be rectified in the west in 5-10 years,and globally within 30.

Edited by oracle

They'll be fine because the krauts have not got any nukes. NATO includes both Germany and Portugal, but also of course non EU nations.

Germany is one of those countries like Japan.... i.e. they can build a nuclear bomb quite quickly. Japan pretty much has a defacto nuclear missile program they just keep all the parts unassembled. Like when the USAF kept bombs at UK airbases but denied they had bombs. Technically they were correct as there were only parts to build working bombs.