House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Hpc 'newsblog'

What's the deal with the HPC Newsblog (http://www.housepric...co.uk/newsblog/) I've tried commenting several times and it never appears. Does my opinion not fit in with the consensus of HPC extremists who populate that corner of the website? Who actually approves the comments?

+1

same here

gave up yonks ago!

You can actually post comments unmoderated if you enter your password.

Whilst interesting - and it will be the 'landing page' for HPC - it's a different world from the main forums.

What's the deal with the HPC Newsblog (http://www.housepric...co.uk/newsblog/) I've tried commenting several times and it never appears. Does my opinion not fit in with the consensus of HPC extremists who populate that corner of the website? Who actually approves the comments?

Charlie,

If you don't have an 'admin' password, your comments won't be published until they've been approved by the moderators which is too slow for most practical purposes. If your comments truly *never* appear then maybe the mods have stopped approving non-admin comments. I'm sure that your opinions won't be a problem unless you post something abusive. Hopefully, if you ask the moderators for an admin password, that should sort out your requirements.

Charlie,

If you don't have an 'admin' password, your comments won't be published until they've been approved by the moderators which is too slow for most practical purposes. If your comments truly *never* appear then maybe the mods have stopped approving non-admin comments. I'm sure that your opinions won't be a problem unless you post something abusive. Hopefully, if you ask the moderators for an admin password, that should sort out your requirements.

The form tells me that my comment has been acknowledged so I'm guessing it's just in a moderation queue somewhere.

Surely it can't be that difficult to use the login credentials from the forum to post there. Reckon I could hack it in a day

I'm special and have a password.

There are some real nutters over there though. S2R1 is a spectacular case. If anyone has come across him?

I do now but must have attempted about 20 posts prior t that with my forum password and none ever registered. I though it was a glitch until i eventually asked.

There are some good guys over there too that i would like to see on the forums such as Mark Wadsworth, Flashman etc