House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Lloyds £3.2Bn Provision For Potential Payouts (Ppi)

A friend of mine works at Lloyds. He used to sell PPI to people too daft to understand what it was. The dumber the customer, the easier it was to sell.

His last business idea was to leave Lloyds, start his own claim company, contact his old customers and get a share of the compensation for products he previously sold them.

Gotta love bankers.

A friend of mine works at Lloyds. He used to sell PPI to people too daft to understand what it was. The dumber the customer, the easier it was to sell.

His last business idea was to leave Lloyds, start his own claim company, contact his old customers and get a share of the compensation for products he previously sold them.

Gotta love bankers.

I read that and I wasn't shocked.

However, the bank's core business showed growth as customer loans and deposits rose from £842bn to £847.8bn.

Before the provision for PPI compensation and other one-off items, the bank said it had made a profit in the quarter of £284m.

An impressive profit considering the core business has expanded.

Gotta love bankers.

That's brilliant! I hope he kept all the names and addresses and amounts!

BUT they had 5bn of extra deposits.

Where the f from?

Probably by offering competitive ISA deals that allowed transfers in - the question is which other institutions will most of the cash have been transferred from? (HSBC / building societies ... ?)

Skipton and Santander* will also probably be net gainers from the ISA season (*if any one will put up with the customer service!)

Some OK ordinary saving account rates might have helped suck in a chunk of cash in too.

Gotta love bankers.

Wow - presumably he stole customer data from lloyds to do this?

Yet another in a long line of criminal activities by the banksters transferred to the taxpayer.

Has Victor Blank been arrested and charged yet?