House Price Crash Forum
man o' the year

Poor Trowbridge

Just been talking to two guys involved just over a week ago in 200 redundancies at Vodafone in Trowbridge and today 500 redundancies at Virgin Media in Trowbridge.

Population 28,000 means this will hit hard.

Links:

Vodafone

Virgin Media

Also to follow up on recent post here I walked across affluent Bath today from Green Park to Broad Street and counted 20 premises empty/closing down/for sale/to let.

Edited by man o' the year

My sister lives there, and is desperate to get out..not surprised they are sending them up noorf - they can put 'um less...

Trowbridge always seemed depressing to me when I was there (an ex was from that area). That is a hefty hit to the area.

And they're closing the local courthouse - debtors will have to travel to Bristol to get their houses repo'd.

Ah, memories... I took a grasping developer to small claims there when he decided not to pay me for no given reason... He abruptly gave up (not sold, or even mothballed) his successful plumbing business to start property developing, and 2 days after the hearing I gave up being an electrician to train as a Paramedic - and who's laughing now eh?!

Well actually I'm not sure if either of us are laughing, but since I don't work for London Ambulance Service and I know he hasn't built a single house since I've done OK :-)