House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gmang

Bought Her First House At Age 12?

I'm no fan of The Apprentice, but it appears to be starting a new series, and one of the lying gits hopefuls (one Zoe Beresford) claims she bought her first house at the age of 12!

How does that work?

I'm no fan of The Apprentice, but it appears to be starting a new series, and one of the lying gits hopefuls (one Zoe Beresford) claims she bought her first house at the age of 12!

How does that work?

It was a Wendy house?

How does that work?

Perhaps she's dyslexic.

How does that work?

It doesn't. You can't own property until 18, though it can, of course, be held in trust for you. However, IANAL, and am willing to stand corrected......

How does that work?

Barbie house?

From the BBC News story hyping the new series:

This year, more is at stake than before.

"It's no longer a job, it's now a partnership in a business of their own choice," Lord Sugar explains.

The entrepreneur, a screen star thanks to the show, has promised a cash injection of £250,000 into the winning candidate's chosen business, instead of a role at one of his companies.

Lord Sugar says he wanted to shake up the format to show viewers at home that it is "easy" to start a business.

"We've got to stop all this moaning about banks not lending money," he explains.

"I wanted to show the general public that you can start businesses from scratch. And this moaning culture that I refer to is something that needs to be disbanded."

and, further down

Karren Brady and Nick Hewer join Lord Sugar again this year to oversee the candidates and watch how they tackle each task.

Brady, who replaced Margaret Mountford in 2009, says this year there is "even more determination" among the contestants.

And Hewer, whose sour facial expressions have become as important as the boardroom showdown, adds: "They are even more deadly serious - because this is a huge prize, when it's almost impossible to raise capital to start a business, here is a godsend.

"It's a life-changing experience and I think they recognise that."

Make your minds up, Apprentice-ers. Is it easy to start a business or do you have to pimp yourself before a scrotum-faced millionaire to succeed?

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/pictures/photos-10899/pictures-the-apprentice-2011-contestants/2

Here are the contestants.

The usual crowd of greedy, blustering bullshitters, full of stomach-churning banalities and farcical claims.

Brown-nosers, forelock-tuggers and greasy pole chimpanzees every one.

God help us...

Wheel 'em in.....

None of them look 'normal', something inhuman about them all.

Everyday Icke's Reptillian theories look more plausible.

How does that work?

She paid for the winning bingo card with her pocket money?

'Bingo (Commonwealth)':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housie

Bingo, Housey Housey (former name in the United Kingdom) or Housie (New Zealand, India and Australia) is a gambling game of unknown origin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housie#cite_note-0'>Players mark off numbers on a ticket as they are randomly called out, in order to achieve a winning combination.

Guest eight

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/pictures/photos-10899/pictures-the-apprentice-2011-contestants/2

Here are the contestants.

The usual crowd of greedy, blustering bullshitters, full of stomach-churning banalities and farcical claims.

Brown-nosers, forelock-tuggers and greasy pole chimpanzees every one.

God help us...

Wheel 'em in.....

Watching it isn't compulsory you know.

eight