House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tao

You Have Been Warned

Alan Greenspan is near the top of my personal Villain's List.

Funny, for one of my closest friends Greenspan is almost a personal g0d. This person works for a major US investment bank, runs a very successful portfolio and couldn't care less about gold.

I should put you both in a small room and watch what happens. :)

Alan Greenspan is near the top of my personal Villain's List.

I think is tenure as Fed chairman has been disastrous, and he will be villified by many in the future as the man who destroyed the US economy. I find it totally amazing that he is being feted, and allowed to retire with honor, when in a more just world, he would be sacked and forced out in disgrace.

This merely tells us about the lack of a proper understanding of economics amongs the media, politicians, and others who see his work through such rosey-colored glasses. Once the bubble burst and the fruits he has sown are left ripe on the ground for all to see, I think his reputation will be re-evaluated.

Good bye, Alan, and Good night, America

But he like the feb are not public servents they are private individuals and institutions with own ajendas The fact that the people are fooled into believing that such people are working in the interest of the many is testimony of the confidence trick. And looking back over all the ingredients of that confidence trick shows you how far the influence and colussion of the criminal tricksters is. The FED is unconstitutional but so is thie USA president.

DrBubb, are you a gold bull on you technical / cycles work?

Or cos you beleive in the global demnad groth driving commodites to the sky??

Or cos you thinck the currency unwnding is upon us and investors will chase gold as a store of value?

Or cos you percieve the potential for a bubble (public infatuation) developing?

Or other?

If a combination then can you give a % split for you price drivers.

many thanks

Edited by sp1

He does make a fair point about human behaviour.

"Such developments apparently reflect not only market dynamics but also the all-too-evident alternating and infectious bouts of human euphoria and distress and the instability they engender," Greenspan said.

After all we are each responsible for our own actions. If we help create an asset bubble we must be prepared to get hurt if we move out at the wrong moment. No one forced us into investment and speculation and most of us here are speculators to a greater or lesser extent.

DrBubb, are you a gold bull on you technical / cycles work?

Or cos you beleive in the global demnad groth driving commodites to the sky??

Or cos you thinck the currency unwnding is upon us and investors will chase gold as a store of value?

Or cos you percieve the potential for a bubble (public infatuation) developing?

Or other?

If a combination then can you give a % split for you price drivers.

many thanks

Good question.

Thanks for the answers DrBUbb,

Are you concerned that while you have proven methods so you can navigate the fluctuations and corrections with skill. Some other's taking PM poistions may not be so well equipied and infact may percieve them-selfs to be buying a "well timed sure thing long term investment."

How will the unskilled cope if thier entry proves loss making if they enter ahead of the correction you alluded to.

Do you think the wider market can evade the macro economic ressesionary sentiment when it heats up?

I know Gold stocks have had contary rises in the past, but not allways. Long positions in PM stocks taken at current prices may be losses if PM stocks take part in the wider stock bear market.

I suspect the greatest divergence between us is the sequence in which events are likely to occur and the resulting profile of price movements on the PM investments.

Thanks

Edited by sp1

I think is tenure as Fed chairman has been disastrous, and he will be villified by many in the future as the man who destroyed the US economy.

Note that Greenspan used to be a gold-bug, reportedly still is, and used to be a close friend of Ayn Rand. Those who've fought their way through 'Atlas Shrugged' might have a different opinion of what he's done :).

IMHO it's quite possible that he's a fool, but it's equally possible that he just decided to give Americans what they wanted -- fiat currency and cheap credit -- good and hard to demonstrate what a bad idea it is.