House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyMe

Osama - A Fate Worse Than Death

Would you credit it - managed to twist this into a property value story. His house wasn't worth as much as reported. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-hideout-worth

Osama bin Laden hideout 'worth far less than US claimed'

Pakistan property experts say US government description of '$1m mansion' was way off the mark, as further exaggerations come to light

osama-bin-laden-hideout

Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, described by US officials as being worth $1m. Local property experts estimate its value at a quarter of that sum. Photograph: Faisal Mahmood/Reuters

Osama bin Laden's house, described by the US government as a $1m (£605,000) mansion, is in fact worth no than $250,000 say property professionals in Abbottabad, the town where he was killed.

Well I'm still not buying it - it's a blatant sales tactic to make it look like you're getting a bargain - list the property at £1m, drop it to £250k - in reality it's probably still only worth £150k -I'd offer £100k on account of the fact it probably needs a thorough cleansing.

Or the local price of $12, 3 x Goats and your sister.

You pig of the Earth...I give $5, 1 goat and YOUR sister. not a $ more.

Would you credit it - managed to twist this into a property value story. His house wasn't worth as much as reported. :lol:

Nonsense.

They just need to retake all those photos... after carefully placing a few twigs and vases. :ph34r:

Nonsense.

They just need to retake all those photos... after carefully placing a few twigs and vases. :ph34r:

terrorist twigs....now theres one for Krusty

They had counter twiggist steps in place.....

article-1145667-037BF36E000005DC-381_468x528.jpg

Im sorry, I cant see anything in that picture...was there a point?

Richard Keys has really let himself go since getting sacked by SKY...

Sparsely populated, desert, logical backward financial system, id imagine a house there would only be worth what it cost. I guess if it has lots of security features it could be worth a million.

Is it not worth more now?

I could see a Yank buying it

edit I suppose it will be demolished or turned into a miltary base

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-hideout-worth

Osama bin Laden hideout 'worth far less than US claimed'

Pakistan property experts say US government description of '$1m mansion' was way off the mark, as further exaggerations come to light

osama-bin-laden-hideout

Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, described by US officials as being worth $1m. Local property experts estimate its value at a quarter of that sum. Photograph: Faisal Mahmood/Reuters

Osama bin Laden's house, described by the US government as a $1m (£605,000) mansion, is in fact worth no than $250,000 say property professionals in Abbottabad, the town where he was killed.

Well of course it is no longer worth $1million. It is in serious need of replastering and redecoration, and no one wants ot buy a house in which someone has died...any real estate agent could have told you that.

Is it not worth more now?

I could see a Yank buying it

edit I suppose it will be demolished or turned into a miltary base

Probably an oil well under it

If the Americans buried Osama at sea to prevent his grave becoming a shrine then what are they doing about the house where he died?