House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

House Prices Will "move Sideways";

From the BBC Website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13268122

"Robert Gardner, Nationwide's chief economist, said it was not unusual to see a pattern of modest increases and decreases in house prices when the market was fairly static, as it had been since last summer.

"A strong rebound in the market remains unlikely as the recovery is still expected to remain modest by historic standards," Mr Gardner said.

"In our view, the most likely outcome is that house prices will continue to move sideways or drift modestly lower through 2011.""

"MOVE SIDEWAYS"??!??

WTF??!?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by eric pebble

From the BBC Website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13268122

"Robert Gardner, Nationwide's chief economist, said it was not unusual to see a pattern of modest increases and decreases in house prices when the market was fairly static, as it had been since last summer.

"A strong rebound in the market remains unlikely as the recovery is still expected to remain modest by historic standards," Mr Gardner said.

"In our view, the most likely outcome is that house prices will continue to move sideways or drift modestly lower through 2011.""

"MOVE SIDEWAYS"??!??

WTF??!?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Tell me if I’m wrong but I to me it doesn’t seem that markets ever move sideways - they always seem to go up or down.

The economy is dynamic and not static. The US Estate Agent Bill "Soft landing Bill" Lereah tried to tell the market house prices would "move" sideways (remain static) and look what happened in Amercia.

Prices go up or down and they do so with violent aplomb in our boom and bust economy. For now its bust time muchachos!

Earthquakes have sideways movement so i don't have a problems with the analogy.

maybe the UK housing market has crabs - that can be pretty unpleasant at the best of times (so I am told)

everyone I ever met caught crabs of a toilet, apparently, so possibly the UK housing market caught crabs off Gordon Brown, that toilet of a man

got thrown out of tescos this morning after some bird at the counter took offence at my comment..."can you price me sideways, luv?"

DENIAL.They cannot bring themselves to say that prices are falling in real terms or otherwise.

EAs have just lost the plot now. 'Sideways move' was always a euphemism for a workplace move to an equally ranked position, usually done because of incompatibility with colleagues etc. How on earth it applies to house prices is beyond me.

EAs have just lost the plot now. 'Sideways move' was always a euphemism for a workplace move to an equally ranked position, usually done because of incompatibility with colleagues etc. How on earth it applies to house prices is beyond me.

i guess they actually mean rangebound to give it its correct term, the only way for sideways price action in anything is to remove it from the market by fixing it

House prices moving sideways means them going up 5% a year.

Why don't these people ever factor in inflation?

Because mortgages, once taken out, are of a fixed amount?

DENIAL.They cannot bring themselves to say that prices are falling in real terms or otherwise.

Sideways is downways... +5.1 is sideways. ;)

Edited by winkie

maybe the UK housing market has crabs - that can be pretty unpleasant at the best of times (so I am told)

everyone I ever met caught crabs of a toilet, apparently, so possibly the UK housing market caught crabs off Gordon Brown, that toilet of a man

Everyone you ever met had caught crabs ???

I have had women tell me they have headaches (or are tired) to stop my sexual advances, but nothing as extreme as STDs.

And it's from everyone you ever met, irrespective of whether they are male or female, attractive, etc ?

Are you trying to f**k everyone you meet ?

And is your avatar a genuine likeness ?

;)