• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

:) -1.1% mom -2.3% yoy

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

Darn - beat me to it by 30 seconds. They got the data out early it seems.

Still, first MoM fall of greater than 1%. That's much more like it and backs up what a lot of us have been reporting from the ground. Looks like the Land Reg is rapidly becoming the only index that can be trusted.

No spring in the housing market's step then!

HOLA444

Darn - beat me to it by 30 seconds. They got the data out early it seems.

Still, first MoM fall of greater than 1%. That's much more like it and backs up what a lot of us have been reporting from the ground. Looks like the Land Reg is rapidly becoming the only index that can be trusted.

No spring in the housing market's step then!

Yeah it was up 4 mins early.

Are you a bit happier now then RR? :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Prices down across the country. Terraced and flats down 3% in a month.

This is massive news.

It's year on year... Semis and detached would need to be up massively to offset it if it was month on month!

Edited by Pent Up

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This does appear to be good news. A slight drop for the year as well.

I wonder how the Housing Benefit changes will affect this. Can someone remind me if they did go ahead and impose the cap on payments after all? I havent seen anything in the press about children on the streets or anything like that recently.

HOLA4412

Yet unexpectidly the BBC is running a story on the Nationwides figures being "static" when the fact is the Nationwide figures are down 0.2%. Guarentied if this was plus 0.2% the heading would be "house prices up".

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yet unexpectidly the BBC is running a story on the Nationwides figures being "static" when the fact is the Nationwide figures are down 0.2%. Guarentied if this was plus 0.2% the heading would be "house prices up".

The EAT site have out done them, saying prices edged up 0.2%. Unlike EAs to try and turn something negative into a positive...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Nice.

London is clearly immune, due to high-spending oligarchs, middle-eastern dictators getting their money out of their crumbling regimes, and other assorted money launderers and bandit asset strippers.

Oh, hang-on; even that bunch of ne'er do-wells don't seem to be able to prop up a stupendous bubble which has been 15 years in the making.

Yes, I have had too much coffee this morning.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Saw the thread title and cheered, then saw the figure for the NW. Drat.

That said, for the exact district I live in (Stockport) it is down -0.9 MoM, and has finally gone YoY negative, so I've cheered up again.

Edit: And the size of the fall is bigger than my rent, which is better still. Renting certainly isn't wasted money right now!

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

There will be no more dops in house prices after................

......they reach the point at which they are in a reasonable relationship to peoples abuility to buy them with reasonable levels of indebtedness. That said, when the correction has finished its work prices usually drop below traditional norms before rallying.

They have about another 20-40% down to go depending on area.

Good news for the nation as a whole. But lets hope the pattern gets broken this time or its back to boom and bust down the road.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

As Nationwide and other lenders are lending less as seen by the number of mortgages & consumer credit in general being taken out going down, the Nationwide is becoming more and more insignificant in terms of the whole picture they see and report on.

How much does the Nationwide lend out for mortgage purchases? About 15% of the Mortgage Lending!

Then there are the cash buyers and properties increasingly going to auction and I wouldnt be surprised if the Nationwide figures accounted for more than 5-10% of the total number of properties purchased in the UK.

So why does the media focus on reports from someone who accounts for 5-10% of UK property purchases?

Because the figures are what some people want to hear.