House Price Crash Forum

Yeah, I saw it on the BBC and the droid said something along the 'bad news for house prices I fear'.

I'm getting very sick of this. Typical Pravda bias. As we all know, those falls help FTBs more than any stupid scheme.

Well...I withdrew my offer of £200k on a gaff that was on at the peak for £325k (silly price) to offer on a different property that peaked out at around £285k for which my offer of £220k has been accepted. These micro-sized drops of 0.2% MoM simply bear no resemblance to reality. At least here in the hotbed of hyper-HPI East Sussex.

-O.2% is a sop to try to gain credibility IMO. So small it would fall well within the margin for error (+/- 2%)

Edited by Realistbear

Well...I withdrew my offer of £200k on a gaff that was on at the peak for £325k (silly price) to offer on a different property that peaked out at around £285k for which my offer of £220k has been accepted. These micro-sized drops of 0.2% MoM simply bear no resemblance to reality. At least here in the hotbed of hyper-HPI East Sussex.

-O.2% is a sop to try to gain credibility IMO. So small it would fall well within the margin for error (+/- 2%)

That is interesting news! Tell more!!!

Just saw it on BBC news their sad faces said it all :lol:

If people aren't excited by falling houseprices, they're on the wrong side of the market. Ha ha! Is that Fear I smell on the mainstream media?!

800px-Stages_of_a_bubble.png

homepage.png

Perhaps they need to change their pants, don't stain the TV licence payer funded sofas!

If people aren't excited by falling houseprices, they're on the wrong side of the market. Ha ha! Is that Fear I smell on the mainstream media?!

IMO we have passed the return to normal phase and are halfway toward the fear phase.

Edited by rantnrave

I see the beeb mentioned the word "static"

I immediately heard a cacophony of thoughts from sellers with unrealistically priced houses on the market along the lines of "that's ok then, we'll wait till the market picks up"

I see the beeb mentioned the word "static"

I immediately heard a cacophony of thoughts from sellers with unrealistically priced houses on the market along the lines of "that's ok then, we'll wait till the market picks up"

Static, eh? Sounds like "fear" is just around the corner... <_< (In the meantime, rising unemployment and concern over rising interest rates will help the pressure to build.)

Static, eh? Sounds like "fear" is just around the corner... <_< (In the meantime, rising unemployment and concern over rising interest rates will help the pressure to build.)

Yes, but the weather is good

This clearly means a rebound in house prices!

BBC news headline.

BBC: UK house prices remaining static, Nationwide says

They then do their usual links to related stories in other news media at the bottom. Five in total. Anyone notice anything different ? Quite shameful really. :angry:

Sky News Biz Briefing: House Prices 'Dip In April'

Daily Star: HOUSE PRICES DROP BY 0.2% IN APRIL

Guardian.co.uk: House prices dip in roller coaster ride

Financial Times: House prices fall back in April

The Independent: House prices resume downward trend