House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tboy

People's Postcode Lottery

A friend gets a card through the door (in Scotland) saying they'll get £250 if they sign up for this lottery at £10 a month, which is cancellable after 1 month (£250 cash is paid out after 28 days). He says something about it being advertised on TV and seems a legit way to make £200+ for nothing. Anyone come across these guys before?

If it was me i'd throw it in the bin of course...but I can't seem to talk my friend out of it!

A friend gets a card through the door (in Scotland) saying they'll get £250 if they sign up for this lottery at £10 a month, which is cancellable after 1 month (£250 cash is paid out after 28 days). He says something about it being advertised on TV and seems a legit way to make £200+ for nothing. Anyone come across these guys before?

If it was me i'd throw it in the bin of course...but I can't seem to talk my friend out of it!

Ask your friend two questions:

1) Why would anyone go to all the trouble and expense of printing cards and putting them through your door in order to give you money for nothing?

2) Repeat.

But if he really wants to believe it (which what these scamsters rely on) there's not much you can do.

Ask your friend two questions:

1) Why would anyone go to all the trouble and expense of printing cards and putting them through your door in order to give you money for nothing?

2) Repeat.

But if he really wants to believe it (which what these scamsters rely on) there's not much you can do.

1) A billionaire philanthropist maybe?

2) Why are you so sceptical? You'll never get anywhere in life if you don't try.

Just kidding...

It's obviously a scam, but it won't stop naive people from being suckered in thinking "Well you never know, maybe it's for real".

1) A billionaire philanthropist maybe?

2) Why are you so sceptical? You'll never get anywhere in life if you don't try.

Just kidding...

It's obviously a scam, but it won't stop naive people from being suckered in thinking "Well you never know, maybe it's for real".

And targeting relatively poor areas, I bet. Bar stewards.