House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Dusty Everything

The car is covered with dust, and most cars I see out and about are covered in dust!

Anyone else having trouble with dust?

The car is covered with dust, and most cars I see out and about are covered in dust!

Anyone else having trouble with dust?

It's been dusty for a few days now. Probably to do with all the wind, which has mostly come from overland instead of from the Atlantic as usual.

Yes we noticed it too - esp since cleaned car a ween ago - there has been a lot of pollen dust blowing over in south coast areas so we read in local newspaper

It definitely has the look of the tree pollen we have to sweep off my sister's patio in Spain every spring. I washed my car last Thurs - by Sat, it looked as bad again. It's also playing hell with my hay fever.:angry: Tell these damned Europeans to keep their pollen to themselves.

I'm in Thetford Forest at the moment and the tree pollen is everywhere, on the car and giving me hayfever as well and I dont normally get it.

When I'm walking the dog at night with the head torch on you can see the pollen floating around as it reflects in the torch light.

Thread Drift: Also noticed a spider which has reflective eyes at night when I've got the head torch on. My Petzl has a diffused beam so it doesnt catch their eyes as much as my friends HT with a directional beam. These spider eyes are like mini cats eyes, never noticed them before!

The prospect of seeing these spider's eyes isn't enough to make me want to wear a head torch at night.

Yes we noticed it too - esp since cleaned car a ween ago - there has been a lot of pollen dust blowing over in south coast areas so we read in local newspaper

Last time I found the car so dusty was when Mount Whachermacallit blew up in Iceland.

I cleaned it last Friday, came out Saturday to find the front - bonnet, windscreen, sunroof, both (!) mirrors and front side windows - plastered in pigeon crap. Must have been dive bombed by a squadron of the buggers. Drove to town with white stuff smeared across my field of vision. The rain that evening washed most of it away.

i thought it was so dusty because there's been no rain which means the car hasn't had a rinse and that there is more hard dusty ground to get blown at

had the bright idea to give the car a rinse on saturday (no time to give it a proper wash...) now it looks even worse, doh.

i thought it was so dusty because there's been no rain which means the car hasn't had a rinse and that there is more hard dusty ground to get blown at

had the bright idea to give the car a rinse on saturday (no time to give it a proper wash...) now it looks even worse, doh.

wind coming up from africa , spain carries the dust, but don,t worry ..just seen the weather for england next week.......p!ssing down ;)