House Price Crash Forum
apom

Gordon Brown Is The Patsy

Tony is not going anywhere..

What if Gordons Profile is getting built up.. to the point where he is a important as Tony..

What if the Economy can't be saved.. What if labour realise that no one could be convinced that it was anyones fault but Gordons..

He has to take a fall..

the Economy has not been weeker in real terms since the 70's

Blair loathes Brown.

He wants Brown to stay where he is to take the blame when the economy tanks. Brown will be totally discredited as a result and he can forget his ambition to be the next PM.

The knives are out and Brown will end up as the Patsy.

Edited by Red Baron

What if Gordons Profile is getting built up.. to the point where he is a important as Tony..

What if the Economy can't be saved.. What if labour realise that no one could be convinced that it was anyones fault but Gordons..

He has to take a fall..

I think you could be right and it seems that Frank Field Labour MP and ex-Govt. Minister would also agree with you.......

Plot to keep Brown down

By TREVOR KAVANAGH

Political Editor 26th Sept

TONY Blair's allies are counting on an economic downturn to derail

Gordon Brown's bid for the Labour crown, a former minister claimed

yesterday.

The warning by ex-pensions chief Frank Field came amid signs the

Chancellor's eight-year run of luck at the Treasury may be running

out.

Blairite ministers gathering in Brighton for the Labour conference are

publicly vowing to give Mr Brown a clear run for the top job.

But Mr Field claimed they are privately plotting a challenge if the

economy goes sour.

And he predicted the PM will stay on as long as possible, leaving his

rival to carry the can for any economic bad news.

He told GMTV: "The inner core of Blairite ministers might have a game

plan which is separate from what they are actually spinning at the

present time.

"The more cynical might be saying the Blairites are playing a

slightly longer ball game and within two years Gordon's position may

look very different to what it is today."

"Whenever the economy has had a dip there have been people emerging

from the wings, looking as the candidate who would actually be

challenging Gordon............cont "

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005440637,00.html

The Sun may be a rag but its political editor Trevor Kavanagh is often privy to inside info where New Labour is concerned.

The Sun may be a rag but its political editor Trevor Kavanagh is often privy to inside info where New Labour is concerned.

Trevor Kavanagh might work for Rupert and The Sun but stupid he ain't.

Trevor Kavanagh might work for Rupert and The Sun but stupid he ain't.

Watch the conference.. Blair is taliking about the country.. the future... he is being his charasmatic self..

Brown.. he seems to be getting the credit for the economy..

When you here it mentioned.. it is not blairs economy it is browns..

Blair has been portrayed as a man overpowered in the economy by Brown.. kept out of decisions.. by Brown

This used to hurt his image...

Used to.. perhaps now a little.. but in the future..?

Patsy?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Of course he is, his Boss runs the Government.

Guest Bart of Darkness

yesterday.

Gordon Brown doesn't care about the long term cost to the eceonomy as long as he gets into No. 10.

Blair's mates are "counting on an economic downturn" to thwart him.

Nice to know that they've got their priorities straight then. Me, myself and I first, then the party, with the rest of us last and least.

:angry:

when I posted this..

It was my observation on the current conference and political wrangling over the last few years..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005440637,00.html

I promise I had not seen the above article..

Christ.. almost feels like I am paying attention to the damn country on an economic and political level...

one thing to thank the boom for..

how much more aware are we all of the world about us..

How many House price conversations have you had with a detractor.. only to leave them stunned by your depth of understanding..?

i am feeling smug..

won't last..

i am feeling smug..

won't last..

Apom, you should really be ashamed of this bragging. Bear in mind that pride comes before a fall. B)

He has to take a fall..

I believe the other posters on here have it spot on. I have insisted for a long time that Brown will not be PM.

If you saw the name check TB gave GB in his speech today, something like "the best chancellor we have ever had", GB's face had a wry smile. Almost as if he knew TB was mocking him and they both knew the economy was mortally wounded.

TB has played with GB. He has promised him the earth and has no intention of delivering.

NDL

I believe the other posters on here have it spot on. I have insisted for a long time that Brown will not be PM.

If you saw the name check TB gave GB in his speech today, something like "the best chancellor we have ever had", GB's face had a wry smile. Almost as if he knew TB was mocking him and they both knew the economy was mortally wounded.

TB has played with GB. He has promised him the earth and has no intention of delivering.

NDL

Tony's going nowhere - Cherie won't let him. Seriously - a man so utterly convinced of his own greatness won't give up easily.

Yep I reckon TB will hang on just out of spite, just long enough for GB to get the blame for the economy.

I don't think its a dead cert yet that GB will make it to No. 10

Remember a week is a long time in politics.

But who else is there ?? Realistically.

Tony's going nowhere - Cherie won't let him. Seriously - a man so utterly convinced of his own greatness won't give up easily.

Yep, Cherie likes all the trappings that come with being the PM's wife.

I also feel that Blair is desperate not to be remembered for the disaster that is Iraq.

He will try (in vain IMO) to achieve something else in this term to be remembered by, whilst hoping beyond hope that Iraq will come good or at least allow an exit strategy.

NDL

Yep I reckon TB will hang on just out of spite, just long enough for GB to get the blame for the economy.

I don't think its a dead cert yet that GB will make it to No. 10

Remember a week is a long time in politics.

But who else is there ?? Realistically.

What was the deal with that Bryan Gould guy who went to New Zealand? Was he not tipped for the top job at one point?

There are slim pickings indeed.

I agree with those that say Brown is never getting the PMship. There always seems to be some 'unknown' who makes it to top job, seemingly from nowhere, e.g. Major for the tories and even Blair himself.

Guest tenant super

He has to take a fall..

I doubt this interpretation. Earlier this year Blair was keen for Brown to move on to the Foreign office. Brown resisted all attempts at being moved.

Furthermore, Blair has to look like he's staying in position for fear of being a lame duck for the next year.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Is Blair going to do Brown up as a kipper?,

or they are trying to bamboozle the media and Blair will do a Harold Wilson and suddenly resign with no warning after serving two years of his third term.

Shock horrors don`t they realise the big bang will be well underway then, and Gordon will be tainted goods.

Ah, maybe Blair is clever after all.

Guest Riser
Is Blair going to do Brown up as a kipper?,

or they are trying to bamboozle the media and Blair will do a Harold Wilson and suddenly resign with no warning after serving two years of his third term.

Shock horrors don`t they realise the big bang will be well underway then, and Gordon will be tainted goods.

Ah, maybe Blair is clever after all.

Interesting take Charlie,

I still think Blair will cry off on medical grounds before Christmas, any later than that and Brown won't stand a chance of getting in. As for Labour winning the next election then the best hope they have is Ken Clarke for Tory leader.

Gordon Brown Is The Patsy....I have'nt a problem with that .......now lets sort out who's going to shoot Blair......just a minute someones at the door ...what you say.... MI who......tell em whatever they are selllllllllllllll. .. zxcvcbnm ...............

yesterday.

That's like saying Himmler's allies were counting on a swift Soviet occupation of Berlin to derail Goebbels' bid for the Fuhrer's crown. They are all doomed anyway.

Iraq was the end of Blair. The recession will be the end of the Labour government, Brown and the rest included. Not wishful thinking, I speak as a long time Labour supporter.

frugalista

Gordon Brown doesn't care about the long term cost to the eceonomy as long as he gets into No. 10.

Blair's mates are "counting on an economic downturn" to thwart him.

Nice to know that they've got their priorities straight then. Me, myself and I first, then the party, with the rest of us last and least.

:angry:

Such an important point.

Why do we have to end up with "leaders" like this. Seemingingly only interested in satisfying their own inflated egos.

I'm sure those who fought, suffered and died in the pursuit of democracy would be disgusted.