House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Japan Car Sales Halve In Wake Of Tsunami

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8488430/Japan-car-sales-halve-in-wake-of-tsunami.html

Sales of new cars, buses and trucks plunged to their lowest ever monthly volume in April as a parts shortage affected vehicle production and hit dealerships' supplies, according to data from the Japan Automobile Dealers Association (Jada).

The 108, 824 vehicles sold last month represented a fall of 51pc compared to April last year. The decline was also markedly steeper than March's 37pc contraction and was the biggest drop in sales since the association started compiling data in 1968.

Toyota sales slumped by 69pc, while Honda's dropped 49pc and Nissan's fell 37pc.

Hundreds of key vehicle parts suppliers have factories in north-east Japan, the region that was worst hit by the 9.0 magnitude earthquake on March 11 and the giant tsunami that followed. As a result, the industry's supply chain has experienced huge disruption, with semiconductors and plastic parts in particularly short supply.

It will certainly be interesting to see what Japan's Q1 figures end up showing.

Still nothing a bit of printy printy can't fix, and there must have been tens of thousands cars destroyed in the tsunami all of which need replacing.

Viva printy printy.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nb20110503a1.html

Monthly wages fell for the first time in 13 months in March as rolling blackouts shortened working hours in greater Tokyo, the labor ministry said Monday.

The average monthly wage declined 0.4 percent to ¥274,886 compared with a year ago, the ministry said

Wages at companies with at least five employees had been improving before the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, which devastated the Tohoku region and sent the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant into a crisis, triggering the blackouts.

Still at least wages haven't dropped....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8488430/Japan-car-sales-halve-in-wake-of-tsunami.html

It will certainly be interesting to see what Japan's Q1 figures end up showing.

Still nothing a bit of printy printy can't fix, and there must have been tens of thousands cars destroyed in the tsunami all of which need replacing.

Viva printy printy.

You really need some help. This kind of stuck-record behaviour seems increasingly common thanks to the internet etc,

You are stuck in lacanian drive loop.

"Aim of the Drive:

The drives differ from biological needs in that they can never be satisfied, and do not aim at an object but rather circle perpetually

round it.

Lacan argues that the purpose of the drive (Triebziel) is not to reach a goal (a final destination) but to follow its aim (the way itself),

which is to circle round the object.[2]

Thus the real purpose of the drive is not some mythical goal of full satisfaction, but to return to its circular path, and the real source

of enjoyment is the repetitive movement of this closed circuit."

Please try this out: http://nosubject.com/Drive

...and see if it helps identify what's gone wrong in your head.

Ultimately the mindless repetition could be about anything, your brain has just chosen to focus on this one phrase printy printy.

For your own sake please try and recognise that something has gone badly wrong inside.

snip

For your own sake please try and recognise that something has gone badly wrong inside.

not inside...the BANKING system has failed, and your brain damage theory applies to insiders who try their circularity thinking ideas on their own broken system.

And yes, they DID printy printy.

Or did you forget that part of reality.

not inside...the BANKING system has failed, and your brain damage theory applies to insiders who try their circularity thinking ideas on their own broken system.

Yes, we are all subject to such drives. Some more than others.

I also agree bankers are particularly afflicted in this regard.

The japanese though have just suffered an horrific disaster, and some sympathy wouldn't go amiss.

The japanese though have just suffered an horrific disaster, and some sympathy wouldn't go amiss.

A lovely disingenuous post. I quite like how you are trying to be emotive that I'm not sympathetic to the plight of those Japanese who've suffered.

I thought we where discussing economics rather than the earthquake which of course was a terrible human tragedy.

The destruction caused by the tsunami should be a huge short term boost to GDP as all of the destroyed goods/property get rebuilt. Keynes said war was good for aggregate demand, therefore it's natural to draw the conclusion that disasters are also good for aggregate demand. Although the downside is that the goods/property are lost to the economy and money which could have been invested elsewhere is now having to be used for rebuilding when perhaps it could have produced more sustainable growth elsewhere.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=163123

I see that you've not posted your infinite wisdom on the Spanish car thread.

I thought we where discussing economics rather than the earthquake which of course was a terrible human tragedy.

Opining that 'printy printy will fix it' does not constitute discussing economics.

I see that you've not posted your infinite wisdom on the Spanish car thread.

I'm certainly not going to try and keep up with every one of your posts. A great relief all round, no doubt.

Opining that 'printy printy will fix it' does not constitute discussing economics.

No I think it might constitute light humour. Although it's clear many govt's do think a bit of printy printy will fix the current financial crisis.

So you don't think topical humour helps then?