House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jie Bie

Thursday's Vote

Given that the devolved administration at Holyrood has jurisdiction over Housing I thought it might be interesting to have a wee election poll.

So what say you all? A re-election of the SNP government? Iain Gray as First Minister? Annabelle Goldie or Tavish Scott being kingmakers in some kind of coalition agreement with Labour or the SNP? More seasts for the Greens? Or perhaps a minor party or an independent candidate is floating your boat?

To prevent any accusations of bias I've ordered the parties alphabetically, and have placed independents and minor parties at the end. For the sake of brevity I've classed any party which doesn't have an MSP as being a "minor party". Otherwise choosing which to include and which not to include is just too much of a headache, and I'm not going to include them all!

Edited by Jie Bie

Looks like we're of the same opinion as far as party politics go.

As for SNP's attitude to housing costs, I don't see them as being any different from the other mainstream parties. I will vote SNP hoping we can move closer to independence. I've posted a few times on the way I'd like Scotland to go.

Looks like we're of the same opinion as far as party politics go.

As for SNP's attitude to housing costs, I don't see them as being any different from the other mainstream parties. I will vote SNP hoping we can move closer to independence. I've posted a few times on the way I'd like Scotland to go.

I'd like to see independence also. I honestly think it won't happen before the North Sea oil runs dry though...

No way will it happen before the North Sea oil dries up...

And when it does, where will we get our money from? I'm not sure if independence would be for the best, to be honest.

SNP will win because they are going to freeze council tax for 5 years, pure and simple. I do like the way they answer questions - a whole lot more honest than other parties, and they did save me money when they scrapped the graduate endowment. However at the same time I hope they aren't going the way of Labour - giving things away when they really can't afford it. Do they really want housing to cost less? I can't imagine that they do. I'd for for ANYBODY that would.

No way will it happen before the North Sea oil dries up...

And when it does, where will we get our money from? I'm not sure if independence would be for the best, to be honest.

Agreed. And there's the problem. With independence and the oil revenues belonging to Scotland, we'd be like Norway. Without, we'd be more like Ireland.

Agreed. And there's the problem. With independence and the oil revenues belonging to Scotland, we'd be like Norway. Without, we'd be more like Ireland.

Which is why, even though I think we're concentrating on the wrong areas of development, I support the SNP drive for renewables.

There's a lot of work on renewables in Fife, Tayside and Aberdeenshire, and we need to encourage more. We need to give these industries tax breaks to attract them to Scotland, and we can only do this through independance.

I thought I'd put the results from our wee poll into the scotlandvotes website to see what would happen if the real results were similar (yes, i'm well aware the sample size is way to small and biased).

The results were the SNP winning every single constitency in Scotland bar Shetland, but not getting any regional MSP's. :lol: