House Price Crash Forum

Didnt Eric Cantona say buy silver to bankrupt JP Morgan?

1. Is there any evidence JP morgan is vigorously shorting silver?

2. Why isnt JP morgan bankrupt yet

3. How high does it have to go before theyre bankrupt

4. Why should i trust cantona?

Denninger spoke a little on Silver recently, saying it has all the traits of a parabolic bubble, going up 100% in the time the dollar has declined 10% or so.

Silver probably will be 'worth' more in 12months time IMO.

I would imagine that they should be vigorously managing their exposure but might just be letting the bet run

Didnt Eric Cantona say buy silver to bankrupt JP Morgan?

1. Is there any evidence JP morgan is vigorously shorting silver?

2. Why isnt JP morgan bankrupt yet

3. How high does it have to go before theyre bankrupt

4. Why should i trust cantona?

Denninger spoke a little on Silver recently, saying it has all the traits of a parabolic bubble, going up 100% in the time the dollar has declined 10% or so.

Silver probably will be 'worth' more in 12months time IMO.

Options Expiry Time ? I've no idea if this is actually the case,

but if you believe in the JP Morgan Giant Short Position Conspiracy Theories,

these ******* will push the price down just as before their short contracts roll-over,

minimising their own losses, then I assume let the price rise again,

and take on new short positions.

I would imagine that they should be vigorously managing their exposure but might just be letting the bet run

Do they have to disclose their positions?

Why dont they buy lots of it, then let the speculators do the rest?

All they need do is ask Bernank for a few billion.

looks like someone sold a massive amount of silver or paper silver

it will be back up to 50 within a couple of weeks so who cares? good buying opportunity

Do they have to disclose their positions?

Why dont they buy lots of it, then let the speculators do the rest?

All they need do is ask Bernank for a few billion.

I'm pretty sure there's data somewhere on JP Morgan's & HSBC's massive concentrated short position,

it came out in CFTC hearings that these two entities were short something like over half the outstanding

paper contracts. Or ~10 years mine supply.

Why don't they buy lots of it?

Because they don't want the price to go up. They have unlimited

finances, and can make the paper market go up and down at will probably,

but probably time movements to stop out as many longs as possible,

demoralising those trading the paper silver markets.

What they don't really control however is the physical silver market,

if enough people get wind that silver should rightly be at $500+/oz

and buy it and hold onto it, there won't be enough silver.

Bin Laden's mates flogging their physical stuff.

:blink:

Out to buy more on tuesday, thinking it'll hit $80 by the end of summer.Oh btw Bin is dead, confirmed.

Edited by crash2006

Out to buy more on tuesday, thinking it'll hit $80 by the end of summer.Oh btw Bin is dead, confirmed.

Given the time of day, the fact it is a bank holiday in London, it looks to me like a big player manipulating the market unless the reported death of Osama Bin Laden is the cause, but the reports I have seen were a few hours after the drop in silver (if I am reading the charts correctly silver dropped at 18:00 ET, but the first reports I saw about Bin Laden were time stamped 22:30ish ET)...then again, some special people get the news sooner than others. There will be a lot of stops hit on Tuesday morning, so expect the price to collapse further.

Notice that gold has suffered as well, but not before a spike just as silver plummetted. Someone big selling silver and buying gold? But why would you do it in a thin market all at once...which brings one back to manipulation...or the news....or one covering for the other.

Edited by Tiger Woods?

Given the time of day, the fact it is a bank holiday in London, it looks to me like a big player manipulating the market unless the reported death of Osama Bin Laden is the cause, but the reports I have seen were a few hours after the drop in silver (if I am reading the charts correctly silver dropped at 18:00 ET, but the first reports I saw about Bin Laden were time stamped 22:30ish ET)...then again, some special people get the news sooner than others. There will be a lot of stops hit on Tuesday morning, so expect the price to collapse further.

Notice that gold has suffered as well, but not before a spike just as silver plummetted. Someone big selling silver and buying gold? But why would you do it in a thin market all at once...which brings one back to manipulation...or the news....or one covering for the other.

I am sure those in the know knew long before you and I - whether they were in New York, Islamabad or Riyadh.

I am sure those in the know knew long before you and I - whether they were in New York, Islamabad or Riyadh.

The order was given on Friday apparently. So, I'm sure JP Morgan new about it over the weekend...

did it drop on news bin laden is dead?

seems unlikely but some australian sites are spinning that as the reason the AUD declined vs USD

did it drop on news bin laden is dead?

seems unlikely but some australian sites are spinning that as the reason the AUD declined vs USD

No. It happened some time before it was announced publicly. I suspect OBL is a coincidence - this was a planned take down on thin volumes on the Labour day weekend when most markets are shut.