House Price Crash Forum

When I started to buy silver Brits for my daughter 4 year old daughter 5 years ago....I thought £12 per coin was a lot! (Way over spot). but I wanted to buy 21 per year as a special 21st B'day present. To show I had been thinking about her for the last 21 years.

http://www.royalmint.com/store/BritishSilver/BR11AGN.aspx

The way the price is going....I will need a 2nd mortgage to meet that aim!

Now do I stop buying and wait for the crash......or sell up now an use what I have bought as a deposit on a new 911?

wow, nice return on the ones you bought 5 years ago!

I wasn't after a return! Just a special present that would help her out further down the line...

What I didn't count on was the line moving so far..so fast.

I wasn't after a return! Just a special present that would help her out further down the line...

If you buy over decades the cost averaging will be your friend.

But in any case, do you have to stick with Brits? The Royal Mint always seem to stick a hefty vig on anything they sell. Canadian maples are really pretty coins (especially the enamelled ones), and US and Aussie 1 TROZ silver coins to. Much less of a mark up than Brits. Then buy Brits in the dips, of which there are sure to be many over the next 17 years.

Why are you buying from there anyway? You can get them from bullionbypost for £38.

Since silver just got nuked $5 they should be cheaper mid week.

Why are you buying from there anyway? You can get them from bullionbypost for £38.

Since silver just got nuked $5 they should be cheaper mid week.

Just habit really, I like Brit designs and wanted a consistent present for my daughter to show I ha been thinking about it for 21 years, never expected the prices to go up as much as they have.

I have this years 21 (I normally buy 25 - 4 for wedding/birth presents) but that's gone out the window at the current price.

But next year will be looking for other 1oz coins....IF I can still afford em.