£9,000 Benefits P.a.

HOLA441
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest tbatst2000

The average asylum seeker family in London costs 50-100k a year in housing benefits alone.

That's bullsh1t. One or two totally brazen cases, maybe, otherwise not. The average asylum seeker is living in a crap-hole in Mile End, not a mansion in South Ken.

HOLA443

That's bullsh1t. One or two totally brazen cases, maybe, otherwise not. The average asylum seeker is living in a crap-hole in Mile End, not a mansion in South Ken.

thats bullshat, i have it on good authority the average asylum seeker gets put up in Monaco, the Housing benefits are wire transferred

HOLA444

A crap-hole in Mile End is a few hunderd £ a week , many average earning workers would find that beyound their means after tax and NI.

HOLA445

Tax credits are basically just a benefit that subsidizes lower wages so that houses and rents can be the high prices that they are. Take them away and the pack of cards collapses with defaulting rents, mortgages, council tax, credit card, electric, gas bills etc. Leave them in place and the currencies function as a store of value collapses. As more people work this out so the money goes to the metals as a store of value.

HOLA446

Last time I checked housing benefit cost over £20 Billion a year

And the benefits bill exceeds all revenues from income tax

Could this be why the government is effectively bankrupt?

Stick your head in the sand all you like - but a massive sh*t storm is approaching.

:blink:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

other elements of tax credits that I found staggering is:

1. you can have as much 'capital' as you like without it affecting it.

2. You can own a second property and income from that is only counted if it is a profit (i.e. taxable).

3. if you have interest on savings the first £300 p.a. is not counted

4. if you put your money in ISAs so the interest income is tax free it does not count

5. if you reduce your income by paying into a pension (i.e that is tax free when you put it in) that is disregarded

6. since the government has been paying 80% of childcare costs the cost of nursery places has risen accordingly (bit like HBs effect on rent)

and so on

I am sure I have missed a few more wrinkles of the system but an investigation of the whole tax credits thing (to help hardworking families) is an eye opener. ;)

Edited by olliegog

HOLA4410

A doorman on £33k pa? I think I'm losing the will to live.

+10000!!! That's more than I get! I thought you couldn't get tax credits unless you earned a low amount, unless he meant child tax credits or something.

I'm really tiring of earning a low wage and doing a difficult job.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

If you go to this checker it basically tells you that as long as you have a pulse and earn less than £41,300 you qualify for tax credits.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/taxcredits_qualify/question01.htm

Then go to this one to see how much free money you get

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

I just did a couple both 40 one working 40 hours earning £33k the other 16 hours earning £5k

Two children aged 10 costing £400 a week in childcare

Based on the information you have entered, your household may be entitled to the following tax credits award:-

Child Tax Credit £5275.27

Childcare element of Working Tax Credit £2511.65

Sub total £7786.92

Working Tax Credit (less the childcare element of Working Tax Credit) £0.00

Note: The childcare element of Working Tax Credit will always be paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children, alongside payments of Child Tax Credit.

Total £7786.92

This is based on your household income of £38000.00.

Jesus.... it's a disgrace. Discrimination against single people! It doesn't cost THAT much more to raise a kid and it's a personal choice!

I qualify for ZERO benefits.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Jesus.... it's a disgrace. Discrimination against single people! It doesn't cost THAT much more to raise a kid and it's a personal choice!

I qualify for ZERO benefits.

You do not qualify for zero benefits if your deemed to need them, single people can apply for tax credits if they don't earn enough, the system is there for everybody.

Why not look up rather than down, when you see the amounts the bankers get to raise their kids do you think Jesus it's a disgrace ?

Hard to begrudge some poor sod on benefits £50 a week when you look at who is really robbing this country blind.

HOLA4415

You do not qualify for zero benefits if your deemed to need them, single people can apply for tax credits if they don't earn enough, the system is there for everybody.

Why not look up rather than down, when you see the amounts the bankers get to raise their kids do you think Jesus it's a disgrace ?

Hard to begrudge some poor sod on benefits £50 a week when you look at who is really robbing this country blind.

You don't even need to mention it - of course we all know that! IMO they're all as bad as each other, those at the bottom who wring us dry and those at the top who wring us dry.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

In one of my old jobs, we recieved HP loan applications for BMWs/Audis etc where tax credits were used as proof of income/boost to credit limits.

9/10 they were accepted.

Utter disgrace, whether these benefits are needed or not is one thing, however they shoulld never be allowed to used when calculating mortgage/borrowing limits.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I used to think that as well until I moved to islington. The street I am on 20 or so Victorian terrace flats worth close to a million each have atleast half have council tenants.

HOLA4421

I used to think that as well until I moved to islington. The street I am on 20 or so Victorian terrace flats worth close to a million each have atleast half have council tenants.

Thanks for that.

From what I have observed 'the left' are in complete denial over this.

People will always 'follow the money' so the more money you throw at a 'problem' the bigger it gets.

This just seems common sense to me.

HOLA4422

F*cking disgrace.

Me and Mrs. JFK both work full-time, we have a child in full-time nursery that costs £700 month (this is NHS nursery - recently removed the subsidy as they lost a load of money in the Iceland banks a few years back) ... hey ho, doesn't matter eh - we choose to educate ourselves, work full-time and we cannot get any tax benefits.

Just work, pay more for the lazy tw@ts out there eh

Carry on, nothing to see here

HOLA4423

You don't even need to mention it - of course we all know that! IMO they're all as bad as each other, those at the bottom who wring us dry and those at the top who wring us dry.

And proportionally who has the most impact ... for goodness sake you begrudge children a decent meal and a roof over their heads ?

HOLA4424

And proportionally who has the most impact ... for goodness sake you begrudge children a decent meal and a roof over their heads ?

I think you will find that it is the people at the bottom who have the most impact because there are millions of them.

I believe that the benefits bill alone is now greater than the money raised from income tax.

Rich people are very visible but if you take all their money and share it out amongst the 'poor' it ends up working out at sod all.

At the end of the day, this has been tried in various countries in the last 100 years or so and the results have been poverty for all.

A few direct comparisons:

West Germany / East Germany

North Korea / South Korea

Pre Mugabe Zimbabewe / post Mugabe Zimbabewe

:blink:

HOLA4425

Thanks for that.

From what I have observed 'the left' are in complete denial over this.

People will always 'follow the money' so the more money you throw at a 'problem' the bigger it gets.

This just seems common sense to me.

I've got more first-hand evidence. I live on a nice Westminster street, type of place two people can afford to rent but not to buy. The cantankerous old ******* in the flat below has lived there for 15 years and never paid a penny in rent. He was recently offered £15,000 (about 1 year's rent at current market rates) by Westminster Council to move out, but he's refusing. I know this because he told me himself.

The left are in absolute denial about this.

Edited by 50sQuiff