How does one join this gravy train?

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

deposit would be £12,000

my income £33,178

plus tax credits £9000 pa

would the default be a problem.

thanks for replying

9k! That's how much I was earning 10 years ago, as my main job. Madness.

The 33k doesn't suprise me, there are bin men earning 30k.

From MSE mortgage forum, doorman earning 33k getting 9k in benefits every year

How does one join this gravy train?

Where have you been living for the last 13 years?

9k is a drop in the ocean.

Professional scroungers of which there are millions easily clear at least 30K+ a year.

The average asylum seeker family in London costs 50-100k a year in housing benefits alone.

:blink:

9k! That's how much I was earning 10 years ago, as my main job. Madness.

The 33k doesn't suprise me, there are bin men earning 30k.

Not anymore there aren't, bin men are NMW jobs these days.

Can someone briefly explain tax credits to me as the thought of another Google search is soul destroying. Is it that, in this case, you just don't pay Income Tax on £9k of your earning that you would otherwise, so they are effectively tax free earnings? Or what?

No, he's receiving £9,000 in benefits per year, and he is asking if it counts towards his annual income when it comes to getting a mortgage.

Which I believe it does.

No, he's receiving £9,000 in benefits per year, and he is asking if it counts towards his annual income when it comes to getting a mortgage.

Which I believe it does.

Staggering, how many kids do you need to get £9k a year in tax credits?

Can someone briefly explain tax credits to me as the thought of another Google search is soul destroying. Is it that, in this case, you just don't pay Income Tax on £9k of your earning that you would otherwise, so they are effectively tax free earnings? Or what?

You claim tax credits as a means tested benefit.

25+ years old, 50+, 65+.

Number of children, any disabilities etc. all count. working hours16+ or 30+, need for childcare?

Yes my cousins fella is a bin man they have two children and he earns too much to get any tax credits. Before the cuts too.

I have friends doing it for minimum wage through agencies hoping to get set on full time at about 10% above min wage.

If you go to this checker it basically tells you that as long as you have a pulse and earn less than £41,300 you qualify for tax credits.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/taxcredits_qualify/question01.htm

Then go to this one to see how much free money you get

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

I just did a couple both 40 one working 40 hours earning £33k the other 16 hours earning £5k

Two children aged 10 costing £400 a week in childcare

Based on the information you have entered, your household may be entitled to the following tax credits award:-

Child Tax Credit £5275.27

Childcare element of Working Tax Credit £2511.65

Sub total £7786.92

Working Tax Credit (less the childcare element of Working Tax Credit) £0.00

Note: The childcare element of Working Tax Credit will always be paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children, alongside payments of Child Tax Credit.

Total £7786.92

This is based on your household income of £38000.00.

Which I believe it does.

I was going to put that down as one of my options but thought, no, that can't be true.

Staggering.

I was going to put that down as one of my options but thought, no, that can't be true.

Staggering.

whilst it used to be i very much doubt it would be considered now as the amounts are no longer perceived as permanent due to the various changes over the coming years, it would open up the bank to misselling and they are actually slightly more careful than a few years ago

Ex friend heart condition gets top rate DLA both components .

Free house , Free car tax and insured never needs an MOT as they change it every 3 years. Council Tax exempt , ex amount to live on each week . We worked it out if a single person working paid for his life style they would need to earn £35k pre tax to afford it.

He is not as ill as he makes out as he does some work on the side cash in hand . Went bankrupt after running up high interest CC. they wrote of his debt and cannot touch any of his weekly money .

Make work pay Ian Duncan Smith said as they put up personnel allowances and took it back in higher NI , they have got a lot of changes to make in order to make work pay , and they wonder why so many have just given up and gone on the benefits route.

What they should do is use the HK system, i.e. when something happens to you then you get extra tax relief in the form of a higher personal allowance.

It means you can't sit on your ar5e at home and wait for the money to flow in, you still need to go out and work to take advantage of the enhanced personal allowances

If his income is c£33k as stated then with the (pre Apr 2011) withdrawal rate of 39% for income over £16190 then he'll have had his tax credits award reduced by £6625 so his initial tax credits award was £15625. If he is not paying for childcare then he's got six children.